Family forum?

That’s a shame. I would have thought there would have been more than a few willing to pay a little to keep the forums running. 200 people paying $1 each to keep the forums running for a month doesn’t seem much to me. Less than the monthly cost of alcohol and cigarettes or burgers.

3 Likes

are you paying for this yourself @SzAdmin i remember this was a family run forum and i think they covered the cost,

i’d donate a $1 a month or even $2 its very little and i use this site a lot, it gives me comfort.

Why am I seeing this post on updates. I never posted here. I also am not diagnosed with schizophrenia, my mother is. Thanks.

what are you talking about? I have been on this forum and the old one since its older inception. I have always been supportive. Since being undiagnosed by three psychiatrists and re-evaluated I am found not to be disabled or have schizophrenia. However, a family member my own mother has it and is currently in a step down unit. And you people are singling me out for expressing …I guess for simply expressing myself while not allowing me to delete my account ironic.

For such a person you are certainly very contentious and paranoid. I think you may need this place more than you think you do. Hope you feel better soon.

5 Likes

I would totally donate to this forum.

1 Like

In that case you should be posting over here instead:

It’s hard to get on disability though. A lot of people have to get lawyers to be approved. I found the psychologist who evaluated me for disability to be completely dismissive. He didn’t even ask any questions he just looked at me and told me I didn’t “seem” to be disabled. I’m not sure if I have Bipolar1 or Schizophrenia. My symptoms are more of thought related than mood related. When I am off my medication, my symptoms are like mania/ insomnia and hyperness. So it’s kind of hard to know for myself. I do get mild depression, but not the highs and lows so I’m really not sure. I don’t know the difference between Bipolar and Schizophrenia well enough. I know that my main symptoms were paranoia, feelings of persecution, and when the psychosis is bad I can’t tell difference between reality and thoughts. I get deep into theories and conspiracies which scares me because I can’t pull myself out of them, I become enmeshed in the concepts. I don’t get moody off meds, I am more apathetic and numb. So It’s prob more of schizophrenia than bipolar. But because Im a woman I’m stereotyped with bipolar for some reason that’s how it feels. As if calling it bipolar sounds better. I dont have as many extremes after being medicated for awhile.

I finally forced myself to schedule with my psychiatrist tomorrow to see what I should do or if I should try a new medication.

2 Likes

maybe there needs to be a finance person or collector who could ask members if they can spare $2 for the upkeep of the site and running costs it can be totally anonymous with no obligation, could use paypal

1 Like

I think a donation button is a great idea! This forum has a lot of members and viewers. The Paypal donation buttons are easy to embed on websites and are free to use with an account.

I have a son who is 26 living at home…i would like to find a life skill/or job program for him any recomendations?

@Joed5454, I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Ninjastar
Volunteer Moderator