Schizophrenia.com

Fall weather screws up my bio clock

man does the seasonal change screw my time clock up, I feel wired at night and tired in the day , theres gotta be a way to flip it.

I’m sleeping a lot more now, don’t know what this is about. I go to bed at 10pm wake up at 9am. Classes are starting tomorrow, hope I hear the alarm clock… Or else I’ll be going to bed at 8pm, heck with it

2 Likes

I have found myself going to sleep around 7:30-8:00. It’s getting dark earlier and it’s causing me to be exhausted.

What do you study?

Tradicional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, herbal medicines and stuff like that

2 Likes

Sounds interesting.

1 Like

The one hour change involved in Daylight Savings Time takes me out of my comfort zone for a week to 10 days twice a year.

1 Like

Maybe get a light box to help reset your circadian rhythms? I just talked with my pdoc about this too, he said that some people are like bears. They kind of hibernate during winter months due to the low amount of sun, leading to SAD. 20-30 minutes in the morning with a light box shining in your eyes may help.

1 Like

Pacific north west… lots of dark rain in the day… lots of bright super moon these past few nights.

It’s like the light it’s self has flopped around.

I have a light lamp now… it’s been helping…

I used to think the S.A.D. light lamps were all money grabbing hooey. But now… odd to admit… it does help.

1 Like

Well I like the fall and winter. I hate 90+ degrees. It’s still hot in October. It’s ■■■■■■■■. ■■■■ global warming.

1 Like

I might have to try the light box

:sun_with_face:
:rainbow:
:house:
:blush:
take care :alien:

2 Likes

Is the light a big one or a small one you can carry around like a suitcase? What kind of bulbs does it have?

floor lamp…

There are also light bulbs now that plug into normal lamps…

2 Likes

My light clips onto a hat and shines directly on your face. That way you can move around and do stuff while getting the light.

1 Like

Hey what model is that one? @skims

And @surprisedj what model is yours?

It’s just a Deluxe Sunlight floor lamp… my Aunt gave it too me… but Target and other places have them for about $40.00 U.S.

There are some nice ones on-line.

Verilux is also a brand that seems to have good ratings and won’t empty the wallet.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

1 Like

My pdoc recommended feelbrightlight.com and they are on sale right now.

1 Like