Experiencing extreme paranoia and occasional aural hallucinations?

Thanks! Although, I’m actually in the UK, Scotland to be exact, and the only place listed is in London which is way too far for me to travel. I’m actually hoping that the GP (appointment is in a few hours) will be able to point me in the right direction locally, rather than actually helping me himself. Of course his input would still be greatly appreciated!

Perhaps of help:

http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/content/default.asp?page=home_esteem

The ESTEEM service operates across Glasgow to provide a dedicated service for people aged 16 to 35 years old who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis. The team offers advice, support, treatment and various interventions. The team is multi-disciplinary, comprising consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, nurses, support workers and administration staff

1 Like

Contact info and locations:

http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/content/default.asp?page=s795

You are exactly right here.
For most people, the symptoms of schizophrenia start out slowly with some subtle audio hallucinations (hearing some subtle sounds that are not there, soft voices, etc.). You can read about the early signs here in the screening test area:

Also - I recommend you read this:

Ignore Atabo - he sometimes says a lot of things that are not very helpful.

Thank you, I realised that after a few of his responses.

I really appreciate your help, and the GP said to leave it for a while and see if the effects subside. If not, or if they get worse I’ve to go back and see him again! He did say that my experiences are certainly strange and not very common, so I’m not quite sure what’s wrong.

If it’s any consolation the other thing I went to see him about was fine!

What’s your problem dude? I’m not interested in debating the definition of schizophrenia. Start your own thread for that. I also find it very hard to understand what you’re actually trying to say.

I got great answers from great people about what I’m experiencing. Can we just let this thread die?