Ever feel like everything you say offends someone

I’m not sure but it seems I feel this way when I lack sleep, today was brutal that way. Don’t think it helps that I am less effective at communicating when tired. I don’t think norms experience this.

4 Likes

There are people out there who make it their business to be offended a lot. It’s best not to try to have an honest discussion with them.

6 Likes

I turn other cheek I think when people act such a way but maybe one should ask straight out if there’s a problem.

A misunderstanding.

So much war and fights or nasty attitude vibes are perhaps due to misunderstandings

When I have not slept or am feeling a bit psychotic I usually feel like every thing I say or do is wrong according to others n no matter how good my intent is and etc I get set up or and people hate on me and blame me for things cause they like someone to blame everything on .

I can feel spiritually attacked n that I should not be out amoung people very often .

But if I get my pension n I feel well enough etc I would like to volunteer work with rspca or meals on wheels few hours s week I think.

I have immovan/imrest that I can take when needed but I do t use it daily.

I did take some during the long drive.

2 Likes

No, everything I say offends me.

3 Likes

When it comes to being offended, I think it takes two to tango. I might be an ■■■■■■■ because of this.

1 Like

It does. Getting into a shouting match serves no purpose.

1 Like

You ought to beat that punk up.

1 Like

He’s not that bad. Most of the time.

2 Likes

I definitely think there are times when it makes sense to be offended. Sometimes people WANT to offend you. It takes a lot to offend me. You have to try. and, sadly, people here and again, have tried. Sometimes when you don’t get it the first time, they try harder. They get a power surge out of it.
Having said that, there are people who are offended at everything and highly sensitive in which case all you can do is your best to avoid offending them. Sometimes those are the most OFFENSIVE people. Odd that it works out that way, but it does sometimes.

2 Likes

Not jokingly, I feel everything I say to my Dad is going to turn into a put down from him to myself. So in a way, everything I say to him offends me.

1 Like

My dad was always very down putting too not to mention just a bitch in general. Miserable old fucker. He has gotten better in his old age (he will be 76 in April) but he used to be a real bi*tch.

I think my Dad has gotten worse since he remarried 12 years ago. He used to be better but now I feel like everything is beneath him.

I once heard a woman say, “I don’t believe in violence, and anybody who does ought to be shot down like a dirty dog.” How PC of her … PC PC PC

3 Likes

My dad still has the capacity to bark and snarl and be verbally abusive but, fortunately, it isn’t all the time. The bad news is, he never apologizes. Never has and likely never will. No accountability.

1 Like

My Dad is pretty much all the time. But you and are the same whe it comes to apologizing.

1 Like

Some people get offended at everything. Can’t apologize over and over so sometime you gotta just ignore it. I apologize but it depends if I actually do something worth apologizing for.

1 Like

I never intentionally try to offend anyone, but I’m a very curious person. That and nothing really offends me, so it’s hard to be around anyone who gets offended easily-especially when those people tend to retaliate in a passive-aggressive way.

1 Like

No mines different it seems to be part of paranoia and is triggered by not sleeping. Very much a part of my sz . Normally I don’t feel like I offend.

1 Like

I find it true for some people. You get people who will lash out at you for anything you say. In most people that does this it is a projection of unwanted feelings and emotions of their self. They project to make you feel bad and miserable whilst it is actually they who should feel bad.

2 Likes

I do feel that way sometimes yes.
That everything I say and do is “wrong” n my whole existence is wrong to these people while others may just misunderstand me and not know me.
I’m actually a nice person.:flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::blush::gift_heart:

2 Likes