Ever been to a support group?

I found a local support group called schizophrenic anonymous. I’m tempted to go, but I would have to change my work schedule.

1 Like

I haven’t but I am going to try one soon. I’ll get back to you if I remember.

1 Like

I’ve been to a well known bipolar support group.
I still felt out of place because the other members didn’t experience significant psychosis.

1 Like

I went to several of Rethink’s groups where people met up for breakfast. Then when Rethink changed their approach I went a few times to a peer lead group that met in a local cafe.
There were usually 3-4 of us there. One of the others was reasonably sensible,another was slightly learning disabled and gave a few short,simple responses when spoken to. The peer group leader spent a lot of the time making out his delusions were quite normal , and seriously lacked insight.

I dont think you are bipolar type 1. I think you are sza. I know I’m not your pdoc. But I just think your symptoms are too severe. You have bad negative symptoms.

1 Like

I went to one once, but it wasn’t for me. I was definitely the most severe/disabled of the people there and I didn’t really relate to what was being talked about. But if it was for specifically sz that would be a lot more likely to be helpful. I would definitely go at least once and see how it felt.

I think you should take a personal day and check it out. If you think it’ll help you, then change your work schedule. Personally, I like the support group I’m in

1 Like

That’a good idea thank you!!s

1 Like

Did a PHP, and IOP that was in groups, and their aftercare. It was all forms of neurodiverse, it was ok, I learned a lot from them about DBT tools.

We’d start with a quick check in, and a few positives. Then get into a lesson about some symptom or another, and coping tips. People would share and relate.

Helped me for a while, and I’ve always got the chance to go back.

It can be a great tool to have a support group

I think you are right @anon12381882

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.