Energy drink improves my negative symptoms

It’s called ‘‘Speed’’. It is somewhat similar to red bull. I don’t know if it’s because of vitamin B6, caffeine or taurine. I will look for supplements on the market.

¿Does anyone have experience with this?

2 Likes

I take 2000mg taurine a day and it helps.

1 Like

Caffeine puts a hold on adenosine in the brain which allows dopamine and glutamate receptors free reign which is why it feels so good. Especially for those who take anti-psychotics that halt dopamine production…

:face_with_monocle:

I asked Bing AI:

Which causes more dopamine production in the brain, cannabis, alcohol or caffeine?

It replied:

Dopamine, that delightful neurotransmitter responsible for feelings of pleasure, motivation, and reward, is influenced by various substances. Let’s explore how cannabis, alcohol, and caffeine play their roles:

1. Cannabis (THC):
  1. Alcohol:
  1. Caffeine:
  • Ah, the morning elixir! Caffeine doesn’t directly boost dopamine production like a cheerleader with pom-poms.
  • Instead, it’s a sneaky antagonist. It impersonates adenosine, a molecule that accumulates throughout the day and makes us feel sleepy.
  • By blocking adenosine receptors, caffeine indirectly allows dopamine and other stimulating neurotransmitters to party.
  • So, that jolt you feel after your double-shot espresso? It’s not just caffeine—it’s dopamine and friends dancing a jittery jig1.

In summary:

• Cannabis: Complex relationship, with THC indirectly affecting dopamine.
  • Alcohol: Initially increases dopamine, but long-term use can mess with the system.
  • Caffeine: Sneaky antagonist, letting dopamine strut its stuff.
4 Likes

Ya, same here. But don’t get addicted like me haha.

2 Likes

Same here, makes life more bearable

2 Likes

It would make life more bearable and enjoyable.

It is just a matter of weighing up how symptomatic you might be feeling.

If you are still hearing voices and filled with delusions then these energy drinks, coffee and caffeine pills will make the aps less efective.

Still, having a good life is important.

3 Likes

Once in a while like in moderation is good. I think drinking several a day every day made my schizophrenia worse. I guess I can recover.

1 Like

My dad got angry at me for spending so much on energy drinks and drinking them. He views it as a weakness or something saying it changes my personality and makes me short and angrier. I mean, give me a break, but ya, I am starting to notice it interferes with my schizophrenia and my thinking now. It’s expensive and I could probably lose the belly fat. It does wonders with negatives though. I like feeling stimulated and the buzz!

2 Likes

Well, based on the dopamine schizophrenia hypothesis then the increase in dopamine will exacerbate symptoms.

It is not rocket science! :rocket:

But it is only a theory. The docs just know that if they lessen the dopamine they get a more docile and conpliant patient.

3 Likes