--Empty.--

I dreamed I was a box and you were trying to open me. I didn’t want to be opened, but you opened me anyway. When you took off the lid, everything that was inside flew out and people started laughing at me. I just sat there. Empty.

13 Likes

Hope you get into a better mood and write happier poems.

:seedling::rose::hibiscus::sunflower::blossom::tulip:

3 Likes

I’m fine. I was just thinking about stuff in my past. I’ve been busy drawing, but I’d be pleased to take a break and write something a bit lighter. Sorry if I bummed you out. I just thought others might relate to the way I felt that day.

3 Likes

I liked it @ArchStanton. Very concise and to the point. Sometimes the wordy/flowery stuff drives me nuts. This was perfect for the mood I’m in right now.

2 Likes

Thanks eighteyedspy23. I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like

I find this very relatable.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to release your worst personal stuff on somebody, to find they shrug and say, “So what?” Or to have them say they know someone with the same stuff, so who cares? Makes me think every individual is part of the same Every-person capable of all the same experiences in varying degrees. But I like your prose poem anyway.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.