El Video Game Threado 2.0

I’m a big fan of Persona :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too! It is a fun game for sure. I’ve heard they will be releasing Persona 5 as Persona 5 R. (R stands for royalty.) It will be a more complete version of Persona 5 so if you haven’t gotten 5 yet it may be best to wait until Persona 5 R releases.

Playing Dark Souls 3 again since muh bro got me the expansion for it.

Even though the areas in these games are so big… they never feel big enough. Lol.

It sucks…

Started up a sorcerer with high INT and it is so boss sometimes.

Just not boss as it is in my imagination as to what a real sorcerer would do though. (- _-)a

Some bosses are a joke even though your character dies in one or two hits.

I joke like, “You know the real sorcery is making the enemies walk right into your ‘bullets’.”

1 Like

I just finished using a free first month subscription to gamefly in order to get some smash brother spirits that only show up if you have a pokemon go pikachu or eevee save file. If I was into temporary ownership I’d use the service, the games get here and back really fast.

2 Likes

I tried Elder Scrolls Blades on my phone. It’s not bad. The only thing I really can complain about is that there are some loot chests that take 3-6 hours to open for free. Otherwise they require some premium currency. So I played quite a bit when I first got into the Early Access. Now I’m just opening chests and playing for about an hour a day. For a mobile game it is interesting.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to playing it. Hows the fighting in the game?

1 Like

The fighting is entertaining. At first it is incredibly easy. Maybe it was because I got a bonus sword and helmet for preregistration during the E3 presentation. There are three skill trees. One is magicka based skills, the other is based on perks, and the third is stamina based skills. You can equip a total of 6 skills. Three of magicka and three of stamina. The perks are passive. Each skill costs a number of skill points.

You gain a skill point at every level up, 2 skill points at every 5 levels. You always gain health but you have to choose between stamina or magicka. At first I was going pure magicka but I learned that it is best to throw a bit on both stamina and magicka. The skills keep combat interesting.

The combat is different than traditional elder scrolls games. You have to tap and hold to strike. You can tap, hold and swipe repeatedly but it is harder to score a critical hit that way. It is better to tap and hold until this circle fills up at the right spot and do so on the other side of the screen as well then back and forth. It scores a combo bonus.

At first you can now things down fairly easily. After a few levels things get a little more advanced in terms of tactics. You’ll have to strike then block, then use a skill and such. Each race has a racial bonus. I went with Breton for a 10% spell resistance and a 5% bonus to damage with versatile weapons such as long swords.

If you don’t like the race you chose you can always change it for a small amount of the premium currency. The same is true for your skills but the cost is separate and gets more steep as you level up. I haven’t tried two handed weapons or daggers yet. There seem to be a lot of good stamina based abilities for them. Magic seems a little underwhelming at the beginning.

Stamina seems to be more powerful at the moment. I have three spells and four stamina skills. I am only able to use three of each. I play in portrait mode. In that mode you tap to move. In landscape mode you have a virtual joystick. It feels intuitive to use but combat is largely the same. You can’t move around during combat except for a few dodge skills (which are really useful, one grants you back a small amount of health, slightly more depending on how successful the dodge) so you are mostly forced to block the first attack then follow up with your strategy.

As for a review… I’d say for a phone game it is a solid 8.3 I was going to round down to 8 but 8.3 seems about right. I’m sure with some updates it can go higher. Sorry for the long post.

That’s my character.

4 Likes

Does anyone here play the Katamari games?
I have Katamari Forever, and I absolutely love it :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! I was worried about the combat but that sounds intriguing.

I’m glad there’s less skills than in skyrim. Skyrim was a bit overwhelming.

1 Like

I havent played katamari in a very long time, but I love those games.

2 Likes

I beat the original Damacy for ps2. There’s a $19.99 version of Katamari on the Nintendo Switch marketplace I might get down the road, that was a really fun game.

2 Likes

I’m itching to beat this boss in Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City and upload it.

Damn 2nd form got like more than double defenses and crazy crap flying everywhere.

Annoying… I mean fun. Yeah. It’s fun.

Only died about 20 times or so.

1 Like

I’ve decided that I’m going to sell one of my guns to get a switch. I’m jonesing for one bad.

Has anyone played Mario party for it yet?

2 Likes

Do you guys game in periods? Or all the time?

2 Likes

I burn out sometimes but usually it’s 2 to 4 hours a day.

I decided against Mario Party because the full game isn’t playable online… just a few independent minigames. I wanted to be able to play the full board game online. Other than that problem, it’s supposed to be a good game.

2 Likes

I mean like dont playing for months/years. I quit playing 2 years ago.

That stinks, I’ll probably only be able to get one game so it better be smash bros or Mario kart. Those are my two favorite game series from Nintendo.

1 Like

Smash brothers is super fun online against other people. The quick match option for ranked generally gets some hate from fans because it often puts you in games with items, like the hammer that can knock you out instantly.

I go into battle arenas (custom match rooms) with items turned off, and I have a blast. I either do 4 way FFA, 2v2 team, or 1v1. It’s the best Smash Brothers yet, has all the fighters from all previous games and almost all the stages too. It’s a little annoying unlocking the huge roster when you first get the game but it is so fun online, I have gotten my money’s worth!

Also the amiibo function is completely optional, it lets you build an A.I. fighter of the character whose amiibo you scan. I’ve never scanned a single amiibo in Smash Brothers and I probably never will, not into A.I. fighters!

Mario Kart also has online which is fun. I have both games but play Smash Brothers a lot more. Mario Kart I play with my stepdad, it’s the only game simple enough for either of my parents to play with me so that’s why I got it.

2 Likes

Did I read that pacman is a playable character in smash bros?

Thanks for the info! I’m probably going to end up getting smash bros.

2 Likes

Yes, Pac Man is pretty decent. He drops a fire hydrant from above then can knock it towards enemies, and he has a charge-up projectile attack.

The two best games for Switch that I own are Zelda and Smash Brothers. Zelda is like 89 bucks with the DLC though, and it’s completely single player. Smash Brothers has the fight pass, for the upcoming DLC characters, which I guess isn’t essential. They’ve only released one so far and it’s the Piranha plant from the Mario games.

I battled Ilovethaifood for several matches on Smash Brothers, it was fun!

2 Likes