Drug Induced Parkinsons

In the past 16 years I have been on a long list of medications. I as recently taken off Rexulti which gave me muscle spasms and drooling. Now I take cogentin and zyprexa. Dr. says it’s not likely I will recover 100%. Anyone else developed this?

1 Like

I haven’t yet thank God. I’m sorry you might be stuck with that.

My right thumb shakes. Sometimes my right arm shakes.

my ring finger wobbles when I don’t want it to, and my hand shakes when I’m spooning coffee into the maker

Hi Orange! The last time I remember hearing from you, you indicated that you were hoping to get on SSDI, as I recall. It is really nice to hear from you again.

Yes, I developed DIP (Drug Induced Parkinsonism) on an antipsychotic. You can send a private message to me for details, if you like.

Hey, I know it is off topic, but I came across the fact that you had come back to the forum when I was looking at old Fanapt threads. You seemed to indicate that Fanapt was a harsh drug. Was that from something you read on drugs.com, or would you like to share whether you heard of personal experiences? I seem to recall you have some experience as a psychologist (and seem to be one of the few people who seem to have such experience on this forum).

Thanks for the input. As far as Fanapt goes I don’t have any information. I did get SSDI. It took three years.

1 Like

My right wedding finger has been shaking uncontrollably, and my face is having little twitches. I’m on Abilify. I’m 24 years old. It’s scaring me. I’ve been on Abilify for a while , since February, but these twitches only started recently.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.