Dr.Ray Peat's suggestion for schizophrenia

Hi - just to let you know…

We do have new sections covering many of the more researched nutritional supplements that seem to help with schizophrenia. I don’t think there is much research behind “Dr. Ray Peat’s” suggestions, and he’s not a schizophrenia expert he’s a biologist that tends to do a lot of writing on diet issues.

We follow the schizophrenia research here pretty close (as you can see in our news forum

I also recommend you search on the global research database for real research here before you waste your money:

See the links below:

Sarcosine

D-Serine

N-Acetyl cysteine (NAC)

Melatonin

B-Vitamins

2 Likes

A biologist or a physiologist is in a better position to understand schizophrenia than a psychiatrist who think its a brain disorder. Schizophrenia is a whole body issue.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just the body or just the brain. But I also believe it’s ones environment also

Environment triggers it and eventually the hormonal system goes haywire.All schizophrenics have serious digestive issues. High cortisol.

Schizophrenic actress narrates her story:

So what’s YOUR background? Interested in knowing before I take medical advice from a stranger on the Net.

Pixel.

If the biologist actually studies schizophrenia that “might” be true - but if the biologist focuses on diet issues (as this person seems to - I’ve never neard of him) he likely has a very incomplete picture at best. I’d focus on the people who are actually doing studies and reserch - not some random old guy who probably isnt up on the science.

Have you read this guy’s bio (provided by him - so who knows what is actually the case?

If he’s been studying something since 1968 - that means he was likely in his mid to late 20s in 1968 (it takes time to get a PHD, so he might have been 30 in 1968) - so he must be 70 or 80 years old now.

I don’t know any 70 or 80 year olds who are at the top of their game … I’d look for someone younger who is more likely to be knowledgeable about the more recent research and more likely to be involved in doing real reserch on schizophrenia - not just spouting random opinions without research behind it.

Dr. Ray Pete Bio:

Truth is not based on someone’s age…etc. There is a difference between medical science and medical research(something funded by pharmaceutical companies).

Diet is very closely related to illnesses and human physiology.He has done many radio interviews

http://www.toxinless.com/peat/marshmallow

1 Like

I’ve done healthy diets. Elimination diets to see for allergies for an entire year. It made things worse. Tried various mega vitamin therapies. Didn’t really notice anything. I did have some success with niacin although I will admit I believe it was a placebo effect that bought me enough time to work through various therapies to improve my condition.

What was your diet like? How much protein? how much carbs?

If I’m to guess probably 60 40. I have no idea. That shouldn’t make much difference though.
I eat normally now (eat what i want) and I am far improved.
I believe diet is only part of the battle. I wish it was the cure all!

There is one guy who cured his son’s bipolar or schizophrenia by taking a lot of amino acids.

Do a search for ‘willy baggie’ on google

Sounds like ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like

Highly doubt that

1 Like

It took a while

You may be waiting a while then LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s why they say a cure is unlikely lol.

1 Like

I just read through it. Pretty sensationalist.
If it worked for the guy that’s great.

But honestly I remember 4 years ago trying amino acid supplements and it was making my psychosis worse. I was convinced phenylalanine in the broad spectrum supplement was doing it but I have no idea.

I’ve tried probly 30 different supplements.

For me one thing that helpedwas changing how I perceived the world and acceptance.

2 Likes

I recommend you be very skeptical of anyone who says they’ve “cured” schizophrenia or bipolar… lots of people say this all the time and they always turn out to be scams with no significant medical research to back up their claims.

We get people here all the time who say they are “cured” - but to everyone here, they sound very delusional but the people who are delusional think they are cured.

The Internet is full of anything you want to find - it doesn’t mean its true.

2 Likes

There is some evidence that certain amino acids and vitamins can help in some ways with the symptoms of schizophrenia - nobody would ever say that there is any significant evidence that they can “cure” schizophrenia.

Here is the research:

We do have new sections covering many of the more researched nutritional supplements that seem to help with schizophrenia. See the links below:

Sarcosine

D-Serine

N-Acetyl cysteine (NAC)

Melatonin

B-Vitamins

and