Don't understand what this girl thinks of me

At Barnes and noble this girls been working there 2 years. She’s rung me up a lot. She always looks at me when I’m waiting in line. She’s a little older than me. She’s pretty imo. I find her very attractive but she’s a certain taste. My taste and not everybody’s. Well she always comments on what I buy. Today she said “oh is that the new jayz album”. Now usually i don’t talk to strangers but when they talk to me…I become very chatty. So when she asked me if it was the new jayz album I started talking. I went talking like 30 seconds straight trying to get her engaged but she just gave me a weird look and ignored me practically. She’s done this before so she always comments on my stuff, I then become chatty and then she ignores me and gives me weird look. What’s her deal??? I doubt anyone really knows what she’s thinking but it’s just odd she can start a convo but can’t finish it. Hm.

2 Likes

Maybe her manager was near and she wanted to look busy

5 Likes

100% of the girls you didn’t ask out are strikeouts.

I’m sorry, but if I was able to figure out woman than my life would not be in the mess it is right now. If I knew what they were thinking than my life would be a 100% better, believe me.

1 Like

Could be she is just offering professional courtesy and doesn’t want to go any farther than that.

5 Likes

Maybe she likes you but is a bit odd or peculiar.
I used to attract strange females in my past.

1 Like

Thanks guys those are great posts.

1 Like

Perhaps the gal is just socially awkward herself…she knows how to start a conversation, but has trouble following up.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Sounds to me like the problem is on her end, not yours.

1 Like

I find personally that I get in patterns of talking to certain people about just minor stuff or just one topic every time I see them and nothing else And that is fine most of the time. So maybe this is what she’s doing. She might actually like you but she wants to keep the boundary of just asking about your books and being friendly to you but she doesn’t want to get any deeper than that. Its kind of weird but it happens to me. She might want just to keep things the way they are and doesn’t
want to go any further, deeper or more personal. How often do you buy books? If you only see her once a month or every month and a half than it doesn’t seem to be anything to worry about.

1 Like

Poor thing, she’s probably weird. I hated being a cashier when I was acting weird. Men used to think I was interested in them all the time. I was just trying to be friendly so I didn’t get fired for being suicidal and depressed. I guess my acting wasn’t so good, I got misunderstood a lot. Actually, that’s how I met my husband lol Maybe you’ll marry her.

3 Likes

If she’s pretty, I’m thinking cha-ching.

1 Like

It could be a bunch of things.

When I like someone, I am the most awkward. I can not be myself at all. Sometimes I act so weird, I wonder what the opposite is thinking. She could have social problems, if she likes you OR she has a boss OR the shop has cameras? Who knows? Maybe she has a boyfriend.

I think the best way to confront something/someone is to just get it out of your system once and for all. This happened with me a couple times. When I obsess about something so much, I look for an opportunity to face it. Just ask her out.

My last trip was good, I think I will stop thinking about it for a very very long time. I also confronted a guy I liked for a long time. I moved on now.

@Goyankees I have a rule where if I do ask a woman out (which is very rare in my world) that I don’t ask them out at work.

That being said, if you like this girl, and you can face any rejection with stride and a good sense of humour, well go for it.

Maybe just write your number down and say something like – “hey I’m always up for talking to someone about X kind of books, feel free to call me sometime.”

That way this puts “the ball in her court” as they say.

But that’s just my advice, take it with a grain of salt. Good luck :v:

4 Likes

I would advise against asking her out. Sounds like she is just trying to show polite interest to a “regular” and is unaware that she’s sending mixed signals.

2 Likes

This might not be the case for you but sometimes weird guys ask me the time of the bus, etc. while we’re out waiting for the same bus. I’m really nice and smile and stuff and they start talking to me without stopping. I think starting to talk a lot would scare her away whether she likes you or not… Also I feel most girls don’t like guys on first sight. It takes a few conversations/getting to know them before any spark arrives…

1 Like

I asked a girl for her number at a store when I was 19 it was the most embarrassing thing ever. After my friend dared me to. I’ve never asked a girl for her number again. I just wanted to get a better understanding of what she’s thinking. I think there’s no way of knowing and I should ignore it which I have by now! Thanks ppl

3 Likes