Dilemma about a girl

I am in a situation where I am talking to a girl that I find to be interesting as a person but who I find unattractive. She used some photo tricks to make herself look different than other pics I found of her and I am not sure what to do.

I started taking to her on Match.com a week or two ago although I didn’t say too much initially. I then was given her phone number this week and have been texting her and I don’t have a problem with her personality I just don’t think I can be with someone I’m not attracted to.

This would have been better if she could have just taken accurate pics of herself but I am the one who is now in a confusing situation where I have her texting me and I don’t want to make it seem like I like her.

Basically I am trying to find the nice way to get out of this mess, I have never really been just friends with someone who likes me and I don’t know what the hell to do.

I’m also not good at knowing what to say so if you guys can give suggestions I would appreciate it. Right now she texted me and asked me how my day is and I could continue to text but I am not into her like I was when she looked different than I now know she looks like.

I know some people may think this is shallow of me but I can’t help but feel how I feel.

2 Likes

If you don’t like her, no one can blame you.
It’s your choice. Just tell her that you’re interested in friends, not lovers

2 Likes

you’ve got to love all the years

maybe those pics were from years back

and they should be displayed proudly

it’s not her fault you were late finding her.

You ok with you two being friends?
Or it’s just all or nothing

1 Like

I don’t know yet really, I haven’t been one to have many friends that are girls. I am trying to figure out how I feel to word it to her.

How does one say ‘we should just be friends’ to someone without me having to say I find her unattractive? I’m sure a lie is in order but I can’t think of one.

1 Like

Just blow her off if your not interested in pursuing her.

1 Like

Keep her as a friend. Girls are valuable friends… Maybe in the future she will help you with a girl you like

1 Like

You don’t have to tell her she’s unattractive.

Edit: actually she can work out and become a badass girl.

1 Like

Whatever you do, don’t tell her you find her unattractive. That will just hurt her. Just tell you aren’t interested in going further with her, just friendship. She probably will not attempt to be friends with you, frankly if she is on match site. She will try to find someone else. You don’t owe her an explanation why. It’s just a fact that you aren’t interested. Inventing lies will complicate the issue.

1 Like

but don’t you think this is a male issue

I’ve screwed around with totally over weight, rather dead pan faces in men

I cared for them, and we were there for each other.

1 Like

It depends on the male’s values. There are males who really need a hot girl to get romantic. While there are others who don’t need it.

1 Like

A girl should be valued by her man inside and out just as much as a woman should value the man she is with. It is a two way street. If he doesn’t like being with her at all,for who she is, it’s only harmful to the both of them.

well, okay, but we’re the weirdos. I never want a man turning me into a crazy woman.

Phil makes sure every night I’m taking these damn meds. He deals a lot of times

since I never shut up, but I have inquiring mind.

1 Like

I have a husband who makes sure I take my meds, too. I really appreciate that about my hubby.

1 Like

my man trusts the system, and he will take the liberty of doing intervention if needed,

it pisses me off, since many times he’s just wanting to come down on the schizophrenic.

I suggest meeting her.

Pictures are never accurate.

Go on a date, since you like her personality, have a night of getting to know each other, then if you feel like there’s no chemistry, keep distance.

1 Like

You said it all lol

1 Like

just from female perspective, if the guy is all over me,

he had be a felon for all I care. Touchy feely in the movie

then making out in the parking lot.