Does your schizophrenia scare you

My husband told me my Schizophrenia scares him and I agree it scares me too. I’m afraid of what I may become.

4 Likes

It doesn’t really scare me. Worry sometimes maybe, but not scare.

4 Likes

I tend to scare easy.

Happy birthday!!!

4 Likes

Oh thank you! Hehe

3 Likes

I’m more scared that I’m coming across as scaring other people.

3 Likes

I’m more scared of how other people will take me, rather than scared of the schizophrenia itself. I’m stable right now so i’m not frightened by anything. When i’m not stable, i’m not in the right mindset to be scared then either.

2 Likes

SZ, no. Heart issues combined with weight right now, yeah. Trying to work on that.

2 Likes

Delusions scare me

5 Likes

Nothing scare me anymore. My benchmark of what is bad is pretty high thanks to lacking support in the past.

I honestly just don’t care anymore.

2 Likes

This is where I’m headed, just giving up the fear and not give a what.

1 Like

It scares me when i have positive symptoms

4 Likes

Im ashamed to admit ive used my diagnosis of Sz to scare other people. In the past ive name dropped my diagnosis with sum expletives thrown in at drunks and people trying to use me for money.
Sorry but ive found using the (very wrong) stereotype of sz’s being violent to protect myself from aggressors. Never mind they could have kicked seven bells outta me. But i simply used it to maintain my peace - and it works.

Yes im an arsehole - but its all i had at the time.

3 Likes

Anxiety is one of my main issues, so yes. Yes, im scared. Im scared i do something awful in psychosis. It is so unpredictable. Im also scared of the immense terror i feel at times, i dont want to go there again. And im scared of what the AP do to my brain, my mind.

Im also at times just living with it.

4 Likes

I want to not fear these things.

2 Likes

I’m scared of my Ritalin triggering positive symptoms

2 Likes

Me neither. :slight_smile:

I manage at times to just put the fear away and live. You too, i hope?

1 Like

Yes. Sometimes I’m scared of myself. Now I’m ok, but what will happen if I have a crisis? I don’t know how will be my behavior, I don’t know if I will do something stupid. And that makes me feel so scared.

6 Likes

And that’s what I’m afraid of. Same.

3 Likes

I’m not exactly scared of it, but it worries me a great deal, and I can see it worries those around me too.
You never know when I might take a turn for the worse, and get bad thoughts/voices, and it concerns me that I have no control over it other than taking pills and trying to sleep it off.
I’ve been to the hospital too much, and I can sense those around me are very concerned when I go there.

4 Likes