Does success always lead to arrogance?

I heard a remark made by an employee of Amway in my country few years ago. She mentioned that the chances of becoming a successful Amway member are 50:50.

Could that be said to any other achievements?

If you became a successful person one day and became arrogant, what would you do to prevent that from happening?

Does success always lead to pride if not arrogance?

No i was once the leader of a department and i never was arrogant. Because inever forgot where i came from. The bottom of society

2 Likes

it can it depends on the person… my bro i hate to say it… thinks money brings respect… i hate that kind of respect… i want respect for my personal qualities not work accomplishments… but to each their own…

2 Likes

Obama said that he could beat Trump in a Presidential Election.

Success does lead to arrogance but one still has to be humble.

1 Like

I don’t believe that. I have success in my job and I’m not arrogant at all.

1 Like

It doesn’t always have to lead to arrogance. I know people who are well grounded enough who view their career successes in the right context. They are not inflated with self-importance. Maybe that’s just my friends.

Anyways, I think you know when you’ve met someone who is puffed up too much pride. They’re usually the ones who talk up everything they do, have, say, etc. The room is practically filled with their enlarged heads.

1 Like

I like the idea of “well grounded” and “the bottom of society”.

Schizophrenics are definitely not political leaders, innovators or the wealthiest bunch of the human population but are mostly the unemployed, homeless and the destitute. Some schizophrenics succeed some fail.

1 Like

No . For me success and arrogance are contradictory.
For me , from a Jewish religious perspective,
success means observing religious commandments and leading a Jewish way of life.
Among other things, this Jewish way of life means rejecting arrogance.
So in order to succeed(that is, to lead a Jewish way of life) I have to reject arrogance.

2 Likes

So humility is a success in itself!

2 Likes

You can be proud without being a dick…

My dad is an example. Its not the success that makes a person arrogant (usually), its more down to the type of person that has become successful, and their personality traits. There are plenty of humble successful people, although not enough of them in my opinion. Usually people who flaunt their success have narcissistic personality traits that have been with them their whole life, the success just exacerbates those traits. Narcissistic people are also much less likely to care about the things that really matter in life ; love and health, they are more focused on materialistic possessions. My dad is a person who has had success and never been arrogant. He is a very confident, assertive, though friendly and down to earth guy, who has came from the very bottom in life and worked his way up, yet still kept a level head. The same traits are also shown in his brothers, 3 of them are fairly successful however their main focus in life is to surround themselves with friends and family who love them, not boasting on social media and the real world, or to have possessions and materials that have very little meaning. For god sake my dad was awarded the 2nd best Operations Director in the world for the company he worked for which is the biggest chemical distribution company in the world, retired at 54 with a comfortable sum of money and still kicks about in regular clothes, a relatively regular car, a modest house, has no social media, never boasts…yet he is happy because he has all the friends and family that he needs. It’s all about the person who became successful, not the success that has made a person (which can still happen).

1 Like

Success and faliure both leads us to arrogance …!!

I think it depends largely on what you’re successful at and how successful you are. A lot of it depends on the individual too. I think that if you’re motivated enough to do the hard and grueling work it takes to be successful you are likely to be arrogant.

1 Like