Does Risperidone Make U tired or Awake

i been taking it at night and at first it made me tired but now im tired before i take it and i think it might be waking me up and i feel like its kinda hard to stay asleep. i thought it made most people tired but idk…whats it do to u?

I only take 1 mg of risperidone (it’s in addition to 20 mg of olanzapine), and it takes the edge off a bit but that’s all it does for me

1 Like

How much risperidone do you take @irrelevant ?

1 Like

just 2mg right now. i only had 90 pills. its supposed to be 3mg a day but taking less to make it last longer. luckily my old dr who moved contacted my back and said she will prob be taking my insurance in a couple weeks and i can see her again.

1 Like

Oh, I’m glad to hear she’ll be able to see you again. Hopefully you can get up to your prescribed dose soon

1 Like

I’ve been on risperidone for decades and it doesn’t really sedate me that much during the day, although after taking my bedtime dose it does make me a bit sleepy.
I’m currently on 4mg

1 Like

i think its making it hard to sleep. i managed to sleep a long time night before last but it was hard. last night i could only sleep 4 hrs :tired_face: and then i bet im gonna be tired all afternoon and then wake up right when i go to bed again

I took risperidone only a short time, same thing as OP I recall. Tired at first, awake after that.

1 Like

i switched it to earlier today and its much better. i think it was def giving me energy. i hope its not a coincidence.

how is ur physical health after taking it so long?

1 Like

A pdoc told me that Resperidone will give you man boobs with long-term use.

1 Like

I’ve developed ED because of it but my bloodwork was great recently

1 Like

yeah i heard it can. luckily im not a man so dont gotta worry about that. but im also taking B6 to keep the prolactin from getting too high and hopefully its working.

1 Like

Soz, you shouldn’t have any problem with it then @irrelevant

1 Like

im still not sleeping well on this stuff. slept about 5.5 hrs last night. i get tired in the afternoon, evening, awake at night, cant sleep deep, wake up a ton of times.

Yeah, i think its both sedating and activating.

1 Like