Does lumateperone only affect 3 receptors?

I was comparing how different antipsychotic affect each receptors and according to wiki Lumateperone only affects 3? Is this correct?

5HT2A, d1 and d2 receptors?

Compared to abilify the med I am on which seems to affect over 20… is less better? Or is it just that we don’t know yet if lumateperone affects more receptors?

I don’t do good on partial dopamine antagonists like Abilify and Lumateperone. I am waiting for KarXT (Xanomeline). Its the best for negative and cognitive symptoms:

1 Like

No, it also affects NMDA and AMPA receptors, from Wikipedia:

Through the mTOR pathway, lumateperone augments both NMDA and AMPA activity.

I don’t know how I feel about taking something that supposedly increases cognitivy… but I know the “negative” symptoms for me come from the antipsychotic itself

Do you have side effects on Abilify? If yes, then you will likely have them on Lumateperone.

Why do you say that? For me it’s mostly libido so I guess it is related somewhat to dopamine? And Lumateperone peak d2 dopamine antagonism is only 40%…how does it compare to Abilify?

I thought lumateperone caused minimal side effects like weight gain.

Better ask your psychiatrist but Lumateperone has the same mechanism on dopamine as Abilify, partial dopamine antagonism.

Her’s some issues I had with Abilify, lost a gf, lost 80 000$ and developped multiple addictions, over
2600 lawsuits as of June 2019:

According to sources online, it is supposed to not have any dopamine side effects such as restlessness

Karxt has a lot of intolerable side effects according to primary clinical trial. I am more interested in sep 363856

Its Xanomeline that you’re talking about not KarXT. KarXT is Xanomeline+Tropsium which has no side effects at all vs placebo. Tropsium suppresses Xanomeline’s side effects by blocking Xanomeline’s effects in the spinal cord. You can read about KarXT clinical trials 2 which have no side effects and still successful:

https://karunatx.com/programs/

Any idea how many more years do we have to wait for these novel antipsychotics