Does anyone make homemade iced tea?

I want good homemade iced tea. Just wondering if you have a good recipe.

1 Like

in the summer time I make “sun tea”…you buy the sun tea jugs at walmart if you have that store in Canada? put about eight bags of tea in the full jug of water and set in sun in the noon to afternoon sun for approx. 4 hours. makes mellow tea.

3 Likes

Can’t sleep? Me also. It’s 1:10 am here

1 Like

i just mix powder stuff that liptom provides, gl with that tho

1 Like

Its 12:18 here. Planning a late night

2 Likes

That doesn’t taste the same as homemade

My folks live in North Carolina so there is always sweet tea in their fridge…I think it’s just sun tea with sugar and some lemon.

1 Like

Try hot water, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Toss in a whole lemon and some ice cubes and let it sit.

1 Like

Take 8 tea bags and cover with water, about 2 liters. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, 20 max. Remove tea bags and mix in a cup and a half sugar.our in a large pitcher and add ice and water until pitcher is full. I use a US gallon pitcher

1 Like

I am allergic to caffeine, so I have to use decaf tea bags. I spent about $28 and bought a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Pot a few years ago. I use eight bags for a full pitcher of tea. You can set it with a dial as to how strong you want it. I love that thing!

1 Like

I make homemade lemonade

1 Like

Tetley Decaf tea bags work really well for iced tea! Just have to brew in a hot water-proof pitcher and refrigerate. There’s some waiting involved for the tea to cool but end result is refreshing :tumbler_glass:

Yes, that’s a good recipe. When I lived in AZ, I used to make sun tea all of the time. Everybody did.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.