Does anyone have "real" experiences then realise in hindsight they were hallucinations?

I feel as if I am not real most of the time.
Reason why I say this is… I remember in my head a scenario which happened a month ago. I had went to my garden to open the shed gate to pull our recycle bin back into the yard which our neighbour very kindly brings to the gate for us every week. At that time I saw my neighbour sitting on a “step” facing my direction in her garden. Tonight when I was in my garden. I looked behind my gate and realised there was no “step” in my neighbours garden. Did I imagine this whole scenario?? It feels like I did now. And I’m realising it may have been a hallucination at the time. I’m not scared… Just concerned that I’m so ill. Or am I just overthinking things too much? Can anybody relate? I really don’t understand this schizophrenia. Wish I didn’t have it. At the same time it’s part of me. But it’s not all that I am either.

3 Likes

I got it with dreams. I dreamed some happenings and took it for reality. My mother used to gaslighting me a lot. These days i am rested and on top of the confusion.

2 Likes

Same I get dreams and flashbacks or have a vivid imagination as the doctors and therapists say…

1 Like

I hallucinated a guy I had a crush on walked up towards me and then turned around and left. I was at a summer job and I doubt he was anywhere near. The thing is, he had graduated and that meant I’d never see him again. I’m sure it was an hallucination to bring closure and still say he thought of me. My mind entirely. I felt unworthy of him.

2 Likes

@PinCushion I literally had the same experience! It all began in college with some guy I thought I loved. He graduated and moved home. I never saw him again except through hallucinations. I just saw him today on my walk though.

1 Like

Yes. Your heart is breaking so you dream. Don’t you wish we were strong enough to be real?

1 Like

Yes @PinCushion. It is really hard to let go and I never got over it. The hallucinations are out of my control though.

About all I know for an hallucination is to take a drink of water.

1 Like

I need to drink more water anyway! I will do that too.

2 Likes

I’ve had dreams so vivid I had trouble waking up and understanding if I was awake or not. Not so much for hallucinations.

2 Likes

I thought I had been abducted by and experimented on by aliens. Hallucinated it. Not at all real.

No, just the opposite.

1 Like

Totally standard experience @jenny8022! My hallucinations, like yours are experienced as a fusion of stuff that isn’t there really with stuff that is really there in a experience stream and then stored as a memory. When you develop insight you become able to think about those memories and identify the real and not real (hallucinated) parts. Fun isn’t it? Not really :smiley:.

They’re all questionable after the fact lol, but yeah I’ve had some

Sometimes my memory contains hallucinations that I never experienced. I know this because when I backtrack, it simply didn’t happen. But I remember it as if it happened. Maybe it’s that?

I’m not talking long-term stuff, because that’s completely normal. I’m talking very recent stuff.

1 Like

Now that I’m living with someone, I’m realizing that some of my experiences are hallucinations. For instance, I hear my smartphones ringtone and she won’t hear anything.

I got that one all the time too. Not now on this dose but on lower doses it can be really annoying.

1 Like

It has happened to me a couple of times.

1 Like

Yes thats exactly what I mean

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.