Does anyone else struggle with working?

Hi, I work full time, and it is a huge struggle. It’s hard to get up in the morning especially when taking so much medicine for the sz and other mental health issues , but the hardest part is that I can’t work as fast and remember as much as my coworkers. It’s hugely stressful as I am under pressure to work faster. Is anyone else having struggles with work? If so, how do you deal with the stress?

4 Likes

I’ve been at my janitor job 12 years and sometimes just flat out don’t want to be there. I take mental health days off every now and then. I don’t get treated as well as I would like but I get to work by myself and don’t have to be near them for the majority of the day. I’m not too stressed, if anything, I’m half asleep and ready to nap.

5 Likes

Yeah i definitely have more bad days than good. But my job is fairly relaxed and im good at it atleast.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to work. It’s great that you can.

Which meds are you on?

1 Like

Im curently looking for work but ive had many jobs in the past. Always been a huge struggle to maintain it. Left most of them mid shift due to too much stress. I think it is a lot harder for some sz people to work due to the cognitive dysfunction and negs and meds and all that. Good work sticking it out though. Its not easy ay.

3 Likes

I am on the same boat. I am stressed due to work. It is full time, challenging, highly paid, need to know lot of stuff, demanding by customers, etc.

I am managing by talking to myself that it can be done and there is always a way to solve a problem even if it does not end well, there second chances and third chances for the task.

If nothing works out seek help from Manager and Seniors. Even if they are not able to help, there are online resources. That is my type of working. May not suit all but just letting know.

2 Likes

I misread your username. I thought for a moment it said “Onion Grazer” :sweat_smile:

:onion: :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Onion Grazer… Quite a name… Lol…

1 Like

ive had sz since before i was legally old enough to work, now im 23 and jobless and broke, have to rely on family. id like to make money but lack motivation/energy due to sz negs

2 Likes

Is it people stress or work stress?

1 Like

Yeah, I burned out, but that was mainly because of mistreatment from doctor and I was on a drug that did not work well for me.

I’m now back working in 30-40% capacity. I have partial disability. I hope my situation improves so I can work more in the future.

3 Likes

I found it very hard to keep up when I was working a help desk job at a growing company. I had a huge backlog of other projects too because they wouldn’t hire another person for months after one of the other techs left. Plus I sometimes had to come in on the weekends to help clients with “down databases” and some of them forgot to backup their files so we would struggle for hours to get them back online to recover what files they did have.

1 Like

Mainly Clozapine, Wellbutrin, propranolol, buspirone

Mostly work stress - I’m glad I at least get to work from home so I don’t have to see my coworkers in person a lot- just once a quarter. But I always feel left out like I found out the manager team I’m on has a whole group text and I’m not included or they’ll go to lunch in the office and not invite me - but that’s a very small part of it. It’s mostly that I can’t be as productive as every one else and I struggle with decision making and remembering things and high anxiety - I just can’t work as fast as everyone else - and I get assigned so much work it’s hard to keep up with the work I’m being assigned

Yeah sounds tough, but keep at it, my people issues at work are weird, people constantly keep bumping in to me… and I can’t do sh8t. It’s almost given me anxiety, and my condition makes it worse cause I keep thinking about it. Have taken time off work, about 4 months in total, said I’m changing medication and studying, which is the truth… I’m hoping to do peer support work, where there is possibly less stigma… time will tell.

Being dogged by the colleagues is tough though… I hope things get better for you!

I think it’s a lot harder for sz people to work too. Good luck with your job search; I hope you find something that’s a good fit

1 Like

I’m sorry people keep bumping into you. That is so bothersome and rude on their part. Thank you, I hope things get better for you as well!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.