Does anybody here not watch television?

i got rid of my tv 3 weeks ago. all i watched was news and sports anyhow, never got into any shows. i have time to fill now, plan to workout in the evenings but some nights i skip it.

2 Likes

I never watch TV except for soccer. But rarely I watch Netflix and Prime on my phone in bed.

2 Likes

I have it on a lot for noise, but watch little, get bored fast of shows or I fall asleep watching

2 Likes

I don’t watch television unless someone else has it on at their house. I use my tv for music.

2 Likes

I can’t get interested in TV shows. I get most of the times distracted. I listen to the radio for news and watch music videos on YouTube. When I visit friends I watch there the occasional tvshow.

2 Likes

I don’t watch TV. Very few shows are worth it. And even when they are I can’t be bothered to wait for them to be on and to sit through advert breaks. Streaming is much better but even then there are only so many shows I would rate highly.

4 Likes

At home, I only watch TV with my GF. I never turn it on when I’m by myself.
I turned it on once in a while while I was here on the study, but usually just turned it off again after flipping around a few channels.
I did watch a few episodes of Bar Rescue though.

2 Likes

I watch news but that’s about it.

3 Likes

Not as a habit, no. I normally can’t focus for long enough. Though I just started re-watching The OA on Netflix, a favorite series of mine, and can’t keep myself away from it. But I think it’s more due to that it’s so well made, and everything in the show has a purpose, nothing is out of place, and the pace only picks up as it goes. Helps that it’s weird af and only gets weirder too.

3 Likes

TV is for boomers lol

2 Likes

we watch movies we rent on Netflix but we don’t have cable t.v.

2 Likes

I barely watch any tv

2 Likes

i don’t even own a tv, never have

3 Likes

It’s been sitting in my room for two years. Haven’t watched it once.

3 Likes

I don’t watch TV unless I’m at someone else house for a visit and they have the TV on

I don’t have the motivation or patience to watch through TV shows or drama

2 Likes

I have enough going on my head. A few times i"ve watched a movie all the way to the end it had a grounding effect on me.

2 Likes

It’s a rarity. I’m tending to catch up shows on my computer on the 2k monitor. Sometimes when dad is away I’ll steam stuff that I want to watch but usually dad watches tv all day and night. I just get early mornings so whilst I’m jogging on the spot and exercising I’ll watch some shows.

2 Likes

I find it hard to focus on tv

3 Likes

I try to keep it to a few hours a week. It’s a waste of time that could be spent fulfilling my own dreams instead of experiencing someone else’s second hand.

2 Likes

Only On Demand Streaming services. We have an arcane law on the need for a TV Licence of about £160 a year in the uk - where the salesman are known to use dirty tactics - so i stay away from live tv as its broadcast.

Theres currently a revolt and the BBC are losing millions from people refusing to pay it.

2 Likes