Does anybody have one of those Robot Vacuums?

We have a Roomba upstairs. It cuts down on the housework. I wish my daughter would stop taping googly eyes to it.

3 Likes

I have the one with the docking station and bin. It ain’t worth a damn for dog hair. Damn thing was like 700 bucks. Mines a Roomba.

2 Likes

Mine works well for cat hair (it’s also a docking unit), but I have to service it every two weeks and make sure all the parts are properly cleaned. I replace brushes every few months and the rollers about once a year.

2 Likes

That is the best thing in the world to do with a roomba.

2 Likes

It clears the undersides of our dressers by about 1 mm. Sticking on the eyes means that it gets wedged under a dresser because of the increased height and I have to keep rescuing it. Annoying.

3 Likes

My sister has one she calls Bruce.

She loves it. I would get one, but I don’t have the money.

2 Likes

What about flat eye stickers?

2 Likes

Since when do our children go for the sensible option?

3 Likes

Our is named Bane, because vacuums are the bane of my existence.

3 Likes

That’s what I should name my bathroom cleaner, then.

3 Likes

Is there an automated bathroom cleaner???

3 Likes

No. That would be nice. I’ll just call my cleaning rags “Bane.”

Though there is this drill attachment brush set that’s supposed to work great on tiles. I can see where that might be a little fun.

3 Likes

Mrs. Raptor gets mad when I call her that.

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

We have that. Not worth it, because if you apply the level of pressure needed to actually cut through the soap scum, the motor stalls out. We just mix baking soda and vinegar to make a paste, let it sit 15 minutes, then wipe it away. Works so well and is so little work.

2 Likes

Boo.

I usually do sort of the same – I soak the tiles in a bleach cleaner, then let it sit while I do the sink and toilet, then wipe it down and rinse it off.

Baking soda and vinegar are amazing - you can clean everything with them and way cheaper.

3 Likes

Yeah @anon4362788 taught me how to do it. New favorite cleaner, and way easier since i have a septic system and can’t use steong chemicals.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.