Does antidepressants make you happy?

does antidepressants make you happy ?

For me antidepressants are very helpful
Antidepressants can help you think more positively and motivates you so they help you along the road to happiness

2 Likes

but they are addictive its bad

I’ve been on seroxat a good fifteen years
The doctor says it’s ok

1 Like

They help take away my emotional pain but no, they don’t actually make me happy.

2 Likes

I think expecting them to make you happy is not good.
A more realistic thought would be to hope they make you less sad.

Nobody is happy all the time, but nobody should be sad all the time either, and antidepressants can help take that away.

2 Likes

i am unhappy all the time

1 Like

Serotonin does make you happy, but I’m leaning towards GABA to be chill and calm.

whats gaba ?..

Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) is one of your body’s primary neurotransmitters, and acts to calm your central nervous system (CNS). Research has shown the GABA supplement to be effective in natural treatment for depression, anxiety, insomnia, and addiction

1 Like

Lexapro makes me feel sad

2 Likes

This is why I’m trying to stop anti depressants.

1 Like

How were feeling before anti dep

1 Like

I was depressed, but I’m tired of the side effects. In no way am I saying to stop ADs, if they help stay on them.

1 Like

Yeah don’t stop ad I felt better off of ads.

1 Like

Nothing. They make me nothing

1 Like

Antidepressants just give you the ability to be happy, not make you happy. They lift the depression that would typically cement you in negativity.

2 Likes

Yeah I think they just balance your brain so you don’t feel depressed all the time.

my antidepressant is wellbutrin which not only made me quit ciggies, but I actually enjoy living life everyday. I guess I’m happy. at the least i look forward to tackling life for another day. its really not that bad, if it is you need to talk to your doc about a med adjustment.

1 Like

i dont think so