Does alcohol contribute to paranoia?

Can alcohol precipitate paranoia in someone with chronic psychosis?

2 Likes

I think yes…!!!

1 Like

Yes I think it can
It certainly doesn’t relieve paranoia

1 Like

Alcohol make medication not work

1 Like

Just had a drink with some food and now feel very paranoid.

You might try to drink much water

1 Like

Yeah. I am not enjoying this feeling.

1 Like

Or try to go to sleep. You shouldn’t be drinking alcohol while on ap. if you drink a lot of alcohol you can became unstable

2 Likes

Will have a lie down. Seemed fine at the time but feel bad now. i

1 Like

Take a rest then…!!!:joy::smiley::smile:

1 Like

Hopefully it will pass
At least it will make you tired

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah I thought I could handle a drink like a neurotypical but this feeling now is not worth it.

1 Like

hmm, i wouldnt know. i dont feel paranoid at all when i drink…but i dont think we have the same thing anyway. It just relaxes me and actually makes me more “understanding” in a way. i dont really like doing it but i have slowed down a bit recently.

I often get paranoid the day after I’ve had a few drinks. I guess that’s somewhat normal, but I think I get it more than others.

2 Likes

It’s good for negatives though…

2 Likes

I think drink and seroquel in particular is a bad combo

2 Likes

no man, alcohol makes social anxiety less. And you feel better. I say that alcohol has a beneficial effect. Only the day after you are f u cked

1 Like

I think it can because it can raise testosterone which can make you competitive, and if you already have anxiety, that can double it into paranoia. And with raised T you get raised Dopamine, and who knows what else those two will raise. And dopamine will raise oxytocin, which even though that is a love chemical, it is also released when someone is in fear.

That actually explains a lot in abusive relationships I think…

1 Like

I think so too.

2 Likes