Do you think you will be alone for the rest of your life?

What I mean is do you think you will ever get a girlfriend/boyfriend or do you want to be that way. State your reasons for why and how do you feel about it.

I’d rather not be alone. I kind of need companionship; I think that’s normal for a person to need.

As for the reality; finding someone who’ll accept the diagnosis as well as me, is not something I can predict in any way.

Yeah me too. I’m not sure if I’ll ever find anyone though as I have too many problems tbh

Been single for years and will stay that way, I was never good at relationships, so I just quit dating

4 Likes

I prefer not having a boyfriend, it means too many concessions. I prefer remaining single, you can do whatever you like.
but I have the luck to have a loving family to spend time with so I am fine

2 Likes

It can happen, but it can take effort.

Not going to meet a partner sitting on your butt.

Some people may find it to be too much, that’s fine too. Just have to find what makes you happy.

1 Like

Yeah. Relatable. Don’t rule it out, but don’t expect it either is probably the best way to be.

If you male and have sz, the odds are considerably against you tbh. Women seem to do better in terms of marriage attainment.

1 Like

I have never dated anyone but tbh I dont think I would be very good at it since I was never a people person to begin with I was always a loner and preferred it that way. It wasnt until I grew up and saw the world for what it really was was when my thoughts changed. I have no Idea if it’s a bad idea or not now. I just think to myself I would be nice to have someone to chat to when you get home from work but since I dont want kids either it’s just hard.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true but in all honesty I’m still not sure if it’s worth it. I’m still a little paranoid but I like it that way. It’s better then being completely oblivious to the world and what gos on in it.

1 Like

In all honesty apart from family connections, I will probably NOT be in a committed relationship for the fore seeable future. I tend to see things through a heavily coated rose colored glasses and wear ear plugs I am told. Not that it won’t keep me trying, just recognize that the chances are slim.

2 Likes

I’m kind of hoping very strongly that it will happen for me in a few years time or so, to the point that I’m actually expecting it :sweat_smile:… Is that bad?

1 Like

I’ll be without a girlfriend for the rest of my life. “And that’s the way uh huh I like it.”

i will stay alone the rest of my life… relationships take energy that i don’t have. I am afraid of going outside so it’s hard to meet anybody but i don’t mind being by myself…

2 Likes

I’m recovering to the extent of being able to handle a GF at some point. Next few years.

1 Like

You make us sound like dangerous devices :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Same here, not any time too soon…

I am happy to have friends and a good family. I had a gf for 5yrs before but its not essential.

3 Likes

I think so. Unless I meet an attractive women who accepts my flaws (schizophrenia, aspergers) and if I have money. I need to get in shape. I’m on the left of the bell curve for schizophrenia and functioning in life. I rather just be alone. It’s cheaper and less hassles. I don’t want a kid because of my schizophrenia and I don’t know if drinking all those monsters will have birth defects or something + the smoking.

2 Likes

it depends, if i stay in my current location i will surely be alone the rest of my life. if i move somewhere else, i may get out more and meet someone.

2 Likes

since losing weight I’m getting more confidence and attractiveness

3 Likes