Do you think this disease makes us unlikeable in real life?

Between flat effect and seeming lazy etc. Etc etc.

I thought today, “what if I saw a normal person who came across the same as me?”, and the conclusion I came to was I probably wouldn’t like them.

Do you think this is actually happening to us? Do you think we are blissfully unaware that we come across as unlikeable?

Or am I wrong in my thinking?

6 Likes

My sister sees me like that and doesn’t like me.

Ps I see your cake day cake now! Lucky @anon84763962 in her future didn’t eat it all!

3 Likes

Everyone tells me I look really tired all the time. I think that may be why I’m having such a hard time getting a job. I don’t smile very often and yawn sometimes. I’ve been told that yawning makes me seem like I don’t care about anything that’s happening.

2 Likes

Friendship is a responsibility and szs are not so good with responsibility. I think this shows.

1 Like

I think it creates challenges most others do not have, it lowers one’s own self esteem, males it difficult to maintain friendships.

I know when I get ill I push away and after you feel better they really want nothing to do with me.

2 Likes

I definitely don’t have many friends in real life. I have a habit of losing friends by doing stupid things.

1 Like

I hope it is the Indonesia’s fault, otherwise I have no excuse… :wink:

1 Like

I’ve gotten much less contact with people since becoming sick. Now it’s just mom and I. She keeps on wondering what will happen to me when she dies. I wonder too.

7 Likes

I meant “illness’”

2 Likes

I think I’m unlikeable. I mean people LOVE me until they really get to know me, then they hate me.

3 Likes

It’s the cognitive symptoms that make me shy and I’m afraid of being perceived as stupid by strangers.
If I could just have relationships over the phone I would be fine

4 Likes

I think a lot of these feelings that no one likes us is just a feeling that kinda comes with the desease. Something that we need to overcome. I mean really let’s be serious how many freinds do we really want. My sz says ,not to many.

1 Like

I am not sure … I thought the same thing for a while - especially after getting fired twice.

1 Like

Anyone who judges me based on my mannerisms or looks is no “friend” of mine.

3 Likes

I have endearing friends that say they love me. I think I’m likeable but I feel bad for those here that say they feel that way.

2 Likes

You’re right. Most normies don’t understand how put down we are by this disease. Once they know we have this disease they should give us the benefit of the doubt.

5 Likes

I think this disease makes you read social cues wrong, which can have an unnerving effect on people, yes. I also think this disease makes you think that people don’t like you, which makes you isolate yourself from people, which makes people think that you don’t like them, which can in turn influence their feelings toward you. A double edged sword.
Although I know all of this intellectually, I can’t internalize it in my gut feelings. I still think people hate me.

7 Likes

Actually im well aware that im not pleasant to be around. Noones ever told me but its just a feeling.

3 Likes

I believe that people hate me because I am sza. I guess I act or say stuff to make people hate me so much. I am glad that I have my mom. She is my support system.

1 Like

Once people get too close to me they start turning their heads.

3 Likes