I think secretly

People are faking liking me. But they really think I’m a scourge on society. They think I’m a disgusting pig who gets what I deserve. Always hoping they’ll catch me doing something wrong.

I think you’re sweet.

3 Likes

I too think your a great person. You’ve done some great things in life and sz makes you second guess yourself when you don’t need too. Your a good egg so chin up and keep trying for better function. It’s easy to fall into bad habits. Keep things positive and try one positive thing a day. Your worth the effort @FatMama !

6 Likes

I know a lot of people think that way about me. The situation began decades ago. People were somehow looking into my room while the door was shut at college. They were telling (i.e, strongly implying) I should commit suicide to my face. Now they are trying to human traffic me to older men who have an insatiable homosexual lust for me. I’m straight. Until they admit those things and take responsibility for them we are enemies.

I like you :open_mouth:

1 Like

I can honestly say my interest in you is completely genuine.
You are an inspiration. You are older than me, and you have children who are doing well, as well as your own battles to fight.
You seem like a strong person and the kind of person I hope to be when I’m your age.
You are kind hearted and gentle.

5 Likes

Yea used to think that

But I’m guessing everyone is just thinking the same thing, that’s why they told me harsh crap or treated me bad.

Only to protect themselves.

2 Likes

Learning more about our illness has led me to logically see that people don’t always think that about people like me. However, we are not beings based on logic (that’s why older ideas on economics are wrong). We are being who act on emotion and our illness can make our logic fade.

2 Likes

If you have evidence someone dislikes you or doesen’t respect you without having good grounds you should just ingore them. Let their words mean nothing to you. Don’t take them seriously. They are not good people and have wrong life values.

1 Like

You’re a grounded and down to earth person who has devoted her life to her children and loves them with all her heart. If someone doesn’t like you it’s because they have bad taste.

2 Likes

I think I can sympathize, with the combination of illness and lack of self esteem. Everyone I meet automatically dislikes me. Family hates me, they only just barely tolerate me. Sicker I get, worse it is. To the point of feeling worthless and alone, the whole world turns against me.

It’s a horrible feeling, but it can be overcome I believe. Sometimes it’s ok to ask, sometimes it’s ok to reality check with your loved ones, and your friends. Sometimes we need that gentle touch to remind ourselves we have value.

I think you have value, and I’m happy to have you around.

:llama:

2 Likes

I struggle with something similar, I think nobody is interested in what I say or like having me around.
But in group therapy the psychologist says it is not true and showed me that people appreciate what I say and my presence.

3 Likes

I like you. I’m sorry sz has knocked your self esteem so much. You’re a great mom and a great person.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.