Do you take your morning meds as soon as you wake up?

I take meds twice a day. I try to space and them 12 hours apart. However I usually get up around 7-8am.

I don’t like to take my morning meds straight away as they really sedate. I usually have coffee and cigarettes for a few hours then take them when I have awoken properly.

Sometimes I think I should just take them straight away - kinda get it over and done with. What about you guys?

I tend to forget to take my antidepressant pills as soon as I wake up, though I usually end up taking them a few hours later. I still have to work on not forgetting to take them, so that’s why I got a pill container with the days of the week on it.

1 Like

When I was on benzos I often forgot meds cos I was trippin- I mean really spaced out.

1 Like

I don’t take any benzos, but a condition that I have has similar effects. So I can understand how that is. :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Kinda similar to you, they are the last part of my morning rituals… first coffee and cigarette, breakfast, then the medicine.

1 Like

I wake up at such odd hours that I can’t take my med’s right after I wake up. I try to take my morning med’s at around 5:00 am.

1 Like

I take abilify at noon.