Do you remember panicking when you lost your baby blanket?

I do. Mine was a baby pillow and it soothed my pain. One day, my mother decided it was time to outgrow it and she took it without telling me. Sneaky of her. It really set me back - both because I needed it and because it affected my relationship with my mother.

2 Likes

I remember my dad pretending to leave me behind once by him jumping on the back of a train and me watching helplessly. That was mean. I was crying I think. I must have been 6 at the oldest.

2 Likes

I had a baby stuffed dinosaur named Dino. I don’t remember a baby blanket I was too attached to. But I loved Dino.

2 Likes

Ive got my Daughters baby blanket that stays on my bed. Shes 16 now - and wonders why i keep it, but its my way of keeping her close when shes not here.

3 Likes

I had a cuddly clown funnily enough… I know loads of people are scared of clowns but this was a really cool friendly one I was incredibly lost wen I lost it.

2 Likes

I think I still have Dino. And then I got tornado the seal and a little lion I won at a fair or something.

I think when I was psychotic my mom still thought she could talk to me like I’m 4 years old and she said once “looook it’s your friendddd…Dino!!!” And I was like whoah. I haven’t seen u in a while. Lol

3 Likes

Lol aw that’s cute tha she spoke to u like tgat

1 Like

I found my daughter’s old blue baby soother in the jean jacket pocket of my old coat that I hadn’t worn in 10 years! I was ecstatic and keep it on my dresser in our bedroom!

I still have my stuffed toy, though not on the bed usually. Occasionaly I will bring him out.

I still have mine and many of my childhood toys. They comforted me when I was a kid and when I’m doing really bad I still use them to help me feel safe

1 Like

I don’t think I remember having a baby blanket??

1 Like

I loved a small metal green night light
I liked how it responded to being hugged by slowly warming up from my skin
and a cut glass salt pot which i also hugged

metal monkey mum experiment or what?

development-harry-harlow

2 Likes

I had a stuffed person called Bamse Laise, which my grandma made for me when I was born.
When I was 6 his arm tore off, and my mom decided I was old enough that she could make me throw him out instead of sewing his arm back on.
The only other time I’ve cried that bad during childhood was when I had to give up my very worn out Spice Girls shoes, which I felt was the coolest thing I’d ever have.

3 Likes

Mesh monkey…nice
I had a Santa Bear which meant the world because one of my older brothers gave it to me…worked as a pillow too.

I lost my favorite stuffed animal when I was a kid. It had a big burn on its back because my grandmother turned the stove on while it was on it once, but I still kept it. Anyway we found it five years later in a chest when we were moving. We threw it out at some point over the years, I mean the thing was burned and battered.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.