Do you mind being called schizophrenic?

I wear it proudly written across my forhead !!!

3 Likes

Im the same - I will happily tell anyone the reason i dont work is that i m Paranoid Sz. You soon find out who your real mates are.

Its when its chucked in my face for the wrong reasons. Im certainly not ashamed of it.

2 Likes

I’ve found that most people don’t break down the name of the illness per person. Usually I hear people referring to people with a mental illness as “crazy” or “bat s*** crazy!” Of course that’s behind their backs. Regardless of what you prefer people are going to say whatever they want!

1 Like

I’ll sometimes use the word “schizophrenic” to describe myself!
Especially when I’m feeling overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Me too @Wave . When I’m overwhelmed like you mentioned, I would ask myself… "why do I feel so schizophrenic now? ". But on the other hand I must admit, I don’t like to be called a schizophrenic. It’s better to talk about the “illness” or schizophrenia.

2 Likes

You gotta own it.

I own it so I say it.

1 Like

@Sezbot241 yes I hate that too- the attributes of schizophrenia

2 Likes

I don’t mind being called schizophrenic. Unless it’s like "I heard noise is schizophrenic " and it’s said like as a warning to people.

Call me a schizo a psycho or a crazy though and I will go absolutely feral.

1 Like

i think what you read is true for me, i wouldnt like to be called that like i’m just an terrible illness with no hope (thats what it imparts to me) saying i have schizophrenia is true and 'id agree…yes i was diagnosed with that illness but i am more than that,

i am more than just a collection of symptoms and side effects, i have a personality and a conscience and character, i also have faith, you cant forget about these things bc they are part of me that make me who i am, sz is just a thing that i’d like to get rid off, part of me that i dont like.

1 Like

Hey there mr.handsome, cut, well dressed, charming, funny, intelligent gentleman, how are ya?

1 Like

A family member called me a lunatic the other day and I about lost it, so I get what you mean.

1 Like

A lot happier now that I read that. I hate to ask another favor but could you please include “sexy” and “studly” on the list? Thank you.

1 Like

You either get sexy or studly, I cant do both.

1 Like

Wow, stingy. I of course pick sexy.

Fine, you sexy stud, no one will ever call me stingy.

1 Like

Ah shucks, you’re going to give me a swelled head.

1 Like

No, I do not mind being called a schizophrenic, well, because that’s what I am. Surprisingly, I have been met with understanding by most people. The only people I don’t tell I’m schizophrenic is employers. If they ask why I’m on disability, I just say “heart problems”. Which is true, I do have heart problems.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.