Do you live in a rural or urban setting

I recently moved from a big city to a small town (IMO) and am still adjusting.

I like all of the room I have in the rural area. I really like how spread out I feel In My house.

I miss the conveniences of being 15 minutes from everything Though.

Like today I need to travel an hour to the SAME city I was at YESTERDAY because I screwed something up!

5 Likes

Yeah, there are pro’s and con’s. I live in a semi-urban town. I have supermarket near by, but have to travel maybe 30 minutes to get to other stores. It’s no problem for me as I am settled in, I mostly just need groceries anyway.

There are many good places for taking a walk with mountains and forrests nearby. I wouldn’t have that so much in the city.

4 Likes

I live in a medium-sized city. The population of the Metropolitan Statistical Area I live in is 738,344. I don’t have a car, so I use public transportation and have things delivered. I can’t afford a car, so I’m stuck in the city.

3 Likes

it’s kinda rural where i live, but i have neighbors. it’s a small town and i have to drive 13 miles back to my hometown to do my grocery shopping. we have a little grocery store, but it’s more of a convenient store with not a lot of selection. also i have to drive to a neighboring county 15 miles away to go to the hospital. it has its perks and it’s drawbacks living here, i couldn’t find a place this cheap back in my hometown, which is just a few miles from cincinnati.

3 Likes

I live in a small town. Before moving here I lived in an isolated area with thousands of acres of state forest surrounding the house. Lived there 5 years. Before that I lived in Buffalo, NY, a decent size city. My husband grew up in Buffalo so moving to the country was a real adjustment for him. I grew up in a small town closetl to both the country and a small city.

3 Likes

I live in a state capital. It’s decent sized

4 Likes

The market value of my apartment is $860.00, but I pay $432.00 with the government housing assistance I receive. I looked into moving to the Washington DC area where my sister lives, and the security deposits on apartments are like $1000.00 to $1300.00, the market rate for a studio or one bedroom being $1000.00 to $1500.00. I just don’t think I can afford to move there.

2 Likes

I live in the suburbs and I’m happy this way.
Close to stores, markets, doctors and hospital.

4 Likes

Yes.

15 characters.

1 Like

Semi urban town is basically the right way to describe my residence.

I live in the older side so it feels not far from rural, but it is very close to the centre which is where the station and the shopping/official district is.

It’s okay. I’d like to live on a particular street a few streets away from me. An apartment which would be one bus ride away from the station and shopping district. or a ten minute walk. It would be lovely.

Goals man. Goals.

2 Likes

Small town, dont have driver license so not much choice.

2 Likes

College town. 150,000 people of which 50,000 are uni students.

2 Likes

I live in a very rural area. My usual grocery store is thirty minutes away.

2 Likes

I had lived in an urban setting, medium-sized city, for seven years, but the past year I’ve been living in a rural area. It’s a pain having to drive more to get to stuff, but it’s not all that isolated. I greatly prefer country life over city life.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.