Do you live a normal life taking meds?

Im having a hard time accepting taking my meds but i really would like to know does anyone here actually like taking their meds and live a relatively normal life just asking thanks

1 Like

Not really but it’s not so bad…anymore. It’s fun I think. Like wth where did that come from.

I like taking my meds. You kind of have to swallow your pride, and admit that you need to take meds.

3 Likes

No my life isn’t normal at all

It doesn’t take the issues away but it makes it easier to cope with them …
If I don’t have mine I go bonkers…

No it’s not normal, but it is manageable, somehow!

What’s normal really anyway? I think I do okay for myself by taking them.

1 Like

I also think it makes a difference if you take meds as well. When I was in the hospital my roommate completely got better with taking meds. That’s when I figured out the medicine works. :smiley:

It’s different but I live a rich and realized life and I wouldn’t change it. I am on a disability pension but I live as large as I can. It’s a decent life for sure.

1 Like

I’m doing better now that I switched to Abilify from Zyprexa. I’m on Disability, but live a fairly normal life for a person who doesn’t work. My pdoc prescribed 5mg of Abilify to start. I guess we are going to see if any of my symptoms come back.

Can’t complain. Literally.

I die without my meds. Its preventing suicide by stopping my suicidal voices. Sz changed my life a lot to the worse but I can still live. I am not the better one I was before my sz but what I have now is better than nothing and dying.

1 Like

My life isn’t normal but it’s far better than it would be if I wasn’t taking meds

1 Like

I live a fairly normal life. I am taking summer courses at uni right now. It’s just the right amount of stimulation. I take my supplements every day and get an injection. I’m not complaining anymore. The only thing affecting me is sleeping too much and being “lazy” i.e. negative symptoms, but overall it’s become much more manageable.

I have side effects,

But I function pretty normally.

I bathe, get household chores done, cook and care for my falling apart mother in law.

1 Like

Yeah, if paranoia and delusions are normal.

I have some things going for me. A job, taking classes, living pretty independently, and a few other things. I try to get out every day, don’t always succeed. My social life is mainly at work and with my sisters. My co-worker who I’ve been working with about 7 years, told me Friday that he really likes working with me. That’s a high compliment coming from someone who knows me well. I do other normal things but freak out about my neighbors. I can work under pressure and drive one of the worst freeways in California decently, but my neighbors drive me crazy. Schizophrenia didn’t destroy me, selfish heartless neighbors who I don’t even like are finishing me off. Sorry, didn’t mean to rain negativity onto your post.

2 Likes

I like what Geodon and Seroquel do to my head. They weaken me physically, though. A lot. I hate that. As for a “normal” life, that covers a lot of ground. They say that “normal” is just a setting on a washing machine. I think that the great majority of people have some kind of aberration in their life.

1 Like

I don’t know if I qualify for normal or not. I live a fulfilling, productive life for the most part and it wouldn’t be possible with my medications.

2 Likes

Definitely not. My voices torture me 24/7, although no one would know it.

1 Like

My life is normal enough, aside from being in my late 30s and living with my parents. I’m actually grateful for it, cause it could definitely be a lot worse. The meds help keep you stable. If they can control your positive symptoms you can still live a quality life. Negatives can get in the way but that’s more a battle of willpower IMO.

1 Like