Do you hear voices in form of songs inside your head?

This is very strange.
I hear a music then sometime after it get stuck inside my head, repeating over and over again.

3 Likes

Whack the side of your lead to break the loop.

1 Like

I get this as well and sometimes original music. Today I had the sound of guitar and vocals it was rock music.

1 Like

Enjoy it! Other people have to turn on the radio or UTube.

2 Likes

i often heard music.becoz i didn’t take meds and so i can realized its people who against me.once its my step father.then we picked a really big fight

next time.u look around.talk to people near u.it will disappear

2 Likes

or ignore it.it has connected with ur afterlife WW2

1 Like

I hear music in my head almost daily and like you said it gets caught in their as songs that repeat over and over again. Ive been diagnosed with SZA but from what i understand this phenomena is common among those diagnosed with bipolar disorder

1 Like

Rather not diagnose someone but sounds rather OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder.)

I hear songs in my head too, often enough, and I try to make sure it’s ones I like. I use them to overpower other nonsense that goes on in my head. It’s more enjoyable. I make sure I listen to healthy music for this reason. Jazz, a bit of classical, motown, classic and progressive rock, electronic… no rap or hip hop anymore. I gave that up last year and am much more mentally healthy as a result.

@Dreamscape2

Sometimes I think that I have OCD also.
But this could be a symptom of schizophrenia anyway.

@PaulyH

I try to listen to good music also.
Like Pink Floyd, The Beatles or Queen,
and after I hear these songs, then
it get stuck inside my mind.
But it’s not bad as it sounds because
is better hear some music that you like instead
of nonsense voices saying crazy things.

4 Likes

Worth mentioning to your pdoc and tdoc.

ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy) is based on Buddhist mindfulness. One of the skills is breaking up unwanted thoughts in this case thinking “Thank you brain for coming up with incredibly creative stories.” It’s a bit of head game especially when starting to gain experience using it when overwhelmed with constantly attacking thoughts but does work.

There are two self help books on ACT around both by Dr Russ Harris The Reality Slap and The Happiness Trap both worth a read.

Tons of info on ACT on the net and in the archives on this site.

2 Likes

@Dreamscape2

Thanks.
I’ll try this.
I’ll search about this.

@Dreamscape2

My former psychiatrist told me to accept these voices also, to not trying to control them.
And always, my psychologist say to me to not trying to control them.

Talk it through more with your tdoc. My knowledge on actual voices is limited as never had many. Thoughts are more my problem. One way is getting your tdoc to read those books I mentioned. Tdocs get a bit iffy on two therapies conflicting. You can get overwhelmed by advice and conflicting information. It gets easier to trust your own instinct after a lot of therapy and realise where the differences come into it. Something like 5 different psychologies, more then 200 different therapies. So there is some confliction.

1 Like

@Dreamscape2

What means “tdoc”?

this only works for healyhy people

1 Like

tdoc= therapist
pdoc= psychiatrist

Internet shortcuts on support sites.

1 Like

yes i have this problem too… and its usually when i wake up in the morning when i get these symptoms. for awhile now the song by D12 (Eminem’s old band) “Blow my buzz” has been playing in my head. I try not to listen to music anymore because of this…

1 Like