Do you have or suspect you have

PTSD from your first psychotic break?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

A while ago, I suspected I had so I looked up the symptoms of PTSD and I didn’t have any of them. My first psychotic break was quite severe in every way. But I don’t have PTSD from it.

4 Likes

Yes I think I might of I was scared of going to the place it happened for a long long time also I’d get flashbacks of being in psychosis other episodes I get flashbacks too but the first one messed with my head for years

2 Likes

Not really, but chronic stress seems to have developed as a side effect of my AP.

1 Like

I had PTSD but not from my psychotic episodes. I’m good now though, no symptoms in awhile.

3 Likes

I had it from a crazy childhood not from psychosis

3 Likes

It was traumatic during psychosis but not since being psychosis free on meds.

2 Likes

I don’t have PTSD but only PTSD traits. And that is due to everything in my life: child abuse, wife abuse, suicidal ideations and psychosis.

2 Likes

I put yes because they went hand-in-hand, but really the PTSD was caused by a car accident

1 Like

yes I have ptsd from psychosis…

1 Like

Yes, definitely. I have hallucinated being r*ped, and losing my only daughter

1 Like

Not specific to the first episode, but living knowing that your reality and your self suddenly can go / fall in pieces has caused some ptsd symptoms.

I’m always on the run from depression/psychosis, I’m always frightened of where my own mind can take me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.