Do you have difficulties making friends?

I am useless at initiating a friendship
I feel embarrassed
I sometimes get anxious talking which make it hard
Findi the right freinds is hard with schizophrenia because normiess go out drinking

1 Like

I could count my real life friends over 60 years on one hand, and still have one or two fingers left over. Have always found it difficult to make friends/struggled with the whole social interaction thing. Whereas for some people social interaction goes down the pan with the development of severe mental illness, it’s been an issue for me from as far back as I can remember.

1 Like

I do. I’m a nervous person…

1 Like

I had many differences colleagues since 2 years. I had both male and female colleagues. Most of the time, they are not single, but some was. We used to chat a lot about work since we were working as a team but we were also chatting about different things. For example, one colleague was from Europe and we were often chatting about the cultural differences between his country and Canada.

But since some weeks, I’m working in solo because the company decided I was not needing teammates anymore. :slightly_frowning_face:

My colleagues were usually really nice but it seems they were not so interested in being more than just colleagues.

1 Like

You could consult a psychologist, see what he has to say… maybe you have a weird body language? Or maybe a bad breath. Sometimes the little things can do much damage and the worst part is we aren’t even aware of it…
Wish you luck, I hope you can find a friend soon ! :pray:

I do have difficulties making friends. I have only one friend. The rest are only acquaintances. No one ever invites me over to their apartment or out shopping with them or out to lunch. Just that one friend and she is so limited because she doesn’t have a car and can’t drive and she has a legal guardian and can’t make her own decisions. I don’t have a car either, so, it makes it difficult.
But, I’ve had difficulties making friends all of my life and I’m used to it by now. I spend most of my time alone and I just consider myself a loner.

1 Like

I’m a mixed bag when it comes to people. I’ve been told a plethora of different things by different people: some say I’m just shy, some say I can be extroverted, some say I’m great at making friends, some say I’m “just an introvert” or “quiet but social”. Me personally, I think I’m uninterested in most people because they let me down so much as a teenager. I don’t think I was born wanting to isolate. I just got bullied heavily as a kid and said, “people aren’t safe” and went into loner mode.

I do think I’ll regain my desire to be with people more. I mean its better than it was three years ago when I couldn’t stand the presence of anyone.

1 Like

??? :open_mouth:
I don’t have a weird body language or a bad breath!

I’m good looking, I have a good appearance and I have an excellent hygiene.

1 Like

I am sorry I didn’t mean to offend. I just gave a few examples of what people tend to interpret and assign a greater importance than necessary.
I have met folks with bad breath who were otherwise very clean and also had highly desirable qualities, but other people avoided them only because of this petty reason…

2 Likes