Do you have a social life?

Hi, I’m having a hard time making new friends and socializing. What about you?

3 Likes

same here. Low energy and poor concentration made me less active and less attractive when making conversation with others. I can only make small talks rather than interesting, intelligent conversation.

1 Like

My only social life is with my gf and you guys on this site.

1 Like

If texting men in different parts of the country counts as a social life then I guess I can say I have one.

2 Likes

I haven’t made new friends for many years but I have a few friends from high school and from where I used to work. I rarely see them.

1 Like

I haven’t made friends for years either.

I don’t have friends as such but do have my best child hood friend who emails me a few times a year but we don’t meet or call so it’s not much.

I like to believe I have friends in spirit :ghost:.

I don’t think they are imaginary friends or a delusion.
Two of them even said I’m their best friend.

I don’t have friends to hang out with .
I have my sacred neigh who is retired now and I visit her.

I email my x boyfriend sometimes because I want us to be friends and I love him and the babies but he is so short.atleast he replies but it is like two words.so no chatting there.

I am trying to get Anders to be my friend as in email me but he hasn’t replied to my emails.

My friends dumped me when I was psychotic and some because I didn’t work and they did and some because I was a Muslim for a year when I thought my father isn’t my real father but my real father is a Muslim so I became Muslim for a year and changed my name.
Two friends didn’t like that infact they hated it and ignored all my emails etc

I have you guyzzz :heart:

I have the woman I’m living with.she raised me too etc and I love her so much and she helps me so much.we sometimes go to the movies together or have once at least.we sometimes have breakfast together.

I don’t know if I can make friends anymore.
I think I can go on a dating site and maybe meet someone.

I volunteer work with some nice people but don’t know if I can continue volunteering or not.i will have to have a talk to the manager about what tasks I can and can’t do and I want the pregnant woman to back off and stay away and the man takes a minute to decide and while I’m waiting for him my body twitches and it feels awful so I should not work with him.nothing against them . It’s just how it is.maybe they want power over me.

I keep believing I have friends in spirit :ghost:.
I love :two_hearts: the thought of that .
Real friends but why are our bodies not together?
Why do nt we hang out irl?

I love :two_hearts: you guyzzz.

I know I’m not everyone’s cup of tea but I appreciate this forum and all you guys.
We are like friends in a way I reckon .

:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Wishing us better social lives.

2 Likes

I have many ‘friends’ but don’t see them regularly, right now I’m looking for girlfriends (female friends) as they seem to be more mature and comprehensive, I have fun with my male friends but I kinda don’t need them too much, right now I need that girl contact lol

Having this girl friend I found lately really makes me see things different, it’s very important, also I talk about girls I like to her and sing love songs as practice :sweat_smile:

Family, fiancée, her friends and family, and you guys on here. No friends of my own in real life. I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet

I have 2 friends that I’ve known since childhood. I have a hard time making new ones

Hmm.

I’m Typing.

You’re Reading.

I Guess I do Have a Social Life.

Odd I Know… . … :smile:

2 Likes

“Social life”?! That’s not in my dictionary.

People don’t like mental illness where I live. They’re always saying they’re violent and a lot of ridiculous things that are more true, of them. Because the people saying all these things are very dishonest and abusive.

1 Like

I agree :100: it has such a bad stigma to it that it’s almost impossible to educate them.
The television is their teacher and they believe it like a bible

1 Like

Haha, a what?!?! :rofl:

I’d like to have a social life, but it’s complicated.

1 Like

My social life is like one friend online and my parents. Friend hasn’t been talking much lately.

I need to get out.

My social life is here and with my cats

1 Like

I have some online people that are my friends. I go out walking and see people, but only talk a little sometimes. I guess it’s better than how things used to be, where I didn’t talk to anybody. Much of the time I might be delusional or maybe algogia or just lacking in regualar social skills. Guess I never developed them properlly. Maybe I’m just mentally abnormal. Well, that maybe an understatement. Some people seem to think I’m normal though.

1 Like

It depends on the mood. Online friends doesn’t count at all in my perspective

1 Like

When talking to someone online I can still feel stuff so maybe it counts but the communication is so poor compared to face-to-face that it most likely lacks a lot of needs having a RL friend covers.

So online friend =/= RL friend

1 Like