Do you have a social life?

I have a full social life. It is getting harder now that we are hitting the age where people move around though

My only regular social life is spending time with my husband. I talk regularly to my mom and occasionally to my sister. I have one friend who I met through an outpatient support group starting in 1993. I haven’t seen her in seven years though (we live 2 1/2 hours apart now), but we regularly e-mail once or twice a month.

I had one friend I made when I worked at the university, but she doesn’t know about my sza so I stopped talking to her. Not in a rude way, just stopped calling and eventually she stopped too. I don’t want to tell her, so I just let it be silent now. She would probably say we are still friends, but I haven’t talked to her in about two years.

I have no social life, work and home

Somewhat. I have friends from school and church and am volunteering soon. My interview is this week for a retreat for troubled women to help out. also like going out for coffee and out with friends. I hope to travel someday with my friends.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing. It really helps. By the way has anyone here participated in studies on schizophrenia?

I’ve participated in a lot of studies on schizophrenia. Feel free to ask questions. If you live in the Boston area I can connect you to high paying ones if you like

Not really. I make small talk with my neighbors everyday and I have a good friend I see maybe several times a year. Otherwise it’s through the library and my many relatives in town.

I’m looking forward to moving to my dad’s house where I will have two :dog2: and two :cat2: for company.

Sounds exactly like me, a good day is some small talk at Starbucks with the barista when I make my order. The walks are my only connection to being around people besides family.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.