Do You Have a Nickname?

And if so, how did it come about?

My nickname growing up was ‘Bird’. My baseball coach couldn’t spell or pronounce my last name, so when he wrote my name on to the line-up sheet he just shortened my name to ‘Bird’.

Then all of my team mates started calling me that…then all of my friends. It stuck with me for over 40 years.

5 Likes

Yes. Oolaloola is my nickname. I’ve evolved into a refrigerator now though.

2 Likes

Nope I don’t have one

1 Like

I go by many names.

1 Like

one of my ex girlfriends used to call me “sparky”, but that ended when we broke up.

I had a cousin and some friends once who called me jtown.

1 Like

I have a call sign. All pilots do. From a kangaroo court.

Many people call me by that.

1 Like

How many different air craft did you fly as a pilot? I used to love planes and helicopters, if you don’t mind answering of course.

I flew T34Cs, the TH57, the CH46 and the C12. Have flown a Cobra and a Huey as well. The H1s.

4 Likes

My first name is shortened as my nickname.
But I go by the long and shortened forms.

3 Likes

My husband calls me “squishy”.

Mostly because I used to have huge boobies.

The boobs are gone, but the nickname remains.

3 Likes

‘Bitter Blink’
It means I’m in such a type of pain I can’t cry or let it out

Back in my high school days I used to experiment with lots of drugs, my friends called me “Sheen” because of Charlie Sheen and his drug use.

2 Likes

Ar or arl

I have nicknames galore. Since I haven’t legally changed my name yet, even the name I use regularly is technically a nickname.

In my teens I was known to my friends as “Psychotic” because they thought I looked like Anthony Perkins. Little they knew…

1 Like

“Gucci latte” is one of them. Only two people call me that. Another is “tsunade” cause they thought I looked like the character from naruto.

1 Like

Between friends we called ourselves Jackals lol Its a type of wolves/dogs.

2 Likes

My nickname was dVor, because I used it in online games.
It is from a military unit used in Russia during the middle ages.

3 Likes

I don’t have a nickname.

1 Like