Do You Have a Nickname?

My inlaws call me brown or cassie Joe which was my nickname growing up or they call me fred

2 Likes

My nicknames are Noise and E. But most people just use my real name.

1 Like

They call me The Breeze, I just keep ramblin down the road.

2 Likes

Everybody calls me bud or buddy. It’s because I’m the beta in all my relationships. My ex wife even used to say hey bud. I used to hate it for some reason. Now I don’t even care. :expressionless::joy:

4 Likes

My sister and Mom call me johnny bonny , my grandma calls me johnny boy and my dad calls me topper lol

3 Likes

I hated being called bud or buddy too, it seemed so insincere and fake.

Shortened version of my first name… ppl call me by my last name a lot or a shortened version of it.

1 Like

I’ve a friend who calls me Pugs after pugsley from the Adams family. I was always a weird child. When I was a kid on the island in primary school they used to call me Huggy Bear. I think it was a character in an old cops series called Starskey and Hutch. I guess they are both compliments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dad calls me Luki all the time. I’ll always be that 9 year old in his eyes. :joy:

But back in high school some dick came up with the nickname Downs as in Downs Syndrome…wtf? I know I have a face fit for radio but can’t imagine my genetics went that far down the rabbit hole. Kids are cruel.

2 Likes

jukebox is a real nick name…my friends used to stuff dollar bills in my shirt pocket and request songs on the guitar at parties growing up…another nick name is “haystack” all my friends in college made up country names to go by and mine has been with me all this time ever since…haven’t been called either in a long time…

1 Like

We had a wood burning stove when I was a kid. And wood roaches would get in the wood and get in our house. One day when I was riding the bus to school wood roaches started coming out of my coat. That’s when I got the nickname Bugsy.

1 Like

Similar story…

As a boy, I had a big bumble bee from a field on the back of my neck. I yelled and Dad came and swatted it off. Ever since then he called me…

“Beezly”

Nowadays when I show up for a visit he just calls me “Beezer”! lol! It’s been 50 years!

1 Like

My childhood nickname was " Little Sam ", because me and my grandpa both were Sam in first name.

1 Like

My nickname in the army was “Spiderman”. One night these guys told me that if I climbed up this drain pipe to their second story window and let them in they would let me help them drink these two quarts of Bacardi Rum they had. So that is what I did. When I did that I left these black boot marks all the way up on the CO’s freshly painted barracks. The next day the CO told me in formation that "if he caught me playing Spiderman on his barracks again he would have me on extra duty for a month. After that everyone in the company called me Spiderman.

3 Likes

At one of my jobs the guy called me “Hoss”. It’s cause it was a period where I was overweight. I don’t think the guy meant it in a bad way.

When I worked at Sears there was this guy on the crew who everybody liked. One day I was walking home from work and I passed a barber shop and on a whim I went inside and got my head shaved. It was funny because I was this reserved, older guy in my thirties (but one of the best workers there) and people were really surprised when I got back to work.

It started growing back randomly and I wore a beanie to cover it and that guy started yelling “Mike D” every time he saw me. He was just teasing me but I had no idea why he called me that. After awhile I asked him why he called me that and it turns out because I reminded him of “Mike D” of the Beastie Boys. I thought, “Well, that’s kind of cool,” so I didn’t let it bother me.

In my house growing up my nickname was “Go get me a damn beer.”

Miika is technically my nickname. My most commonly used online handle is something with Nova in it, so most of my online friends just know me as Nova.

My sisters call me Bananas, and my dad calls me Anjo Banjo.

1 Like

My nickname growing up was Malee because my younger sister couldn’t pronounce my name and everybody just started calling me that.

Now people usually use a shortened version of my name more than my actual name.

Hmm.

I Never Really Had a Nickname. Usually it Was a Happy Response When I Walked into The Room.

I Never Really Did Anything to Receive a Warm Welcome.

As I Got Older, I Isolated Myself Within The Sphere of Confusion And Mystery.

That’s When Everyone Left, (Without Me Even Realizing it). Sad to Say.

Then I Was Awoken Quickly With a Reality I Couldn’t Handle on My Own.

So My Second Therapist Saved My Life.

I Gave Her Some Nicknames.

I Called Her up One Day, Trying to Figure Out The Puzzle of The Essence of Time.

And She Responded With, ‘Are You Thinking of a Sundial’?.

I Was Shocked at Her Quick Wit.

I Felt Like I Stepped into a Long Ago Past Sitting With Those Who Created Sundials.

So, I Called Her, SUNDIAL!!!.

She Was Like, ‘WHY’?.

I Laughed.

We Had a Strange And Fun Relationship.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam Dream (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.