Do you have a favorite Chinese meal

I think that mine is General Tzu Chicken, I had this meal often in the USA, but here in eastern Finland I have just had Chinese buffet sometimes. I do not know if this General Tzu Chicken is a traditional Chinese meal or was it just invented to meet western needs in the USA and Canada.

4 Likes

General tzao is my favorite as well! I went to Portland I got that and won ton soup… one of the best meals of my life…

1 Like

Crispy aromatic duck and hoisin sauce ! :yum:

Or maybe sweet and sour :thinking:

1 Like

I am a fan of fried rice. Whenever I make a dish with rice, I make twice as much as I need, and save the leftovers to make fried rice the next day.

4 Likes

I make outstanding ginger beef.

:blush:

1 Like

I love sweet and sour, chow mien, egg roll, war won ton soup and egg rolls oh and pot stickers. oh and and and now I want chinese.

2 Likes

My Mongolian beef is truly a fun dish to make

1 Like

Spicy squid!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I like deep-fried shrimp with sweet and sour sauce

1 Like

I made pork fried rice last night. I love Pineapple chicken.

1 Like

General Tsaos chicken.
Fried pork dumplings.

1 Like

Mine is orange chicken, fried shrimp rice, and lo mein.

2 Likes

As I dont eat certain foods I find Chinese food quite bland. But I do love indo Chinese food. :yum:

Favourites Indo Chinese food is chilli paneer and Manchurian :yum:

1 Like

Kung pow chicken or shrimp. So spicy

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of Chinese food. Might be cos the ones I’m used to are really cheap rubbish versions

Mushu pork, pot stickers and hot and sour soup

1 Like

Deep fried crispy shredded beef

1 Like

I’m a fan of fried rice as well.

1 Like

I saw a documentary on that once on Netflix. There are two people who claim to have invented it. Both people prepared it differently. I can’t remember but I think it was first prepared in the 70’s. Also it is much different in China than it is here. From what I remember, it is not considered a traditional Chinese food over there so it was likely made for westerners.

2 Likes