Do you hate wealthy people?

I don’t necessarily think that wealthy people are ‘showing off’ when they wear nice jewelry, drive nice cars or live in nice homes. Just the same as I don’t think beautiful women are ‘showing off’ by wearing cosmetics. They are just enjoying life. I have never been wealthy but I used to make 100K year and I wore nice things, drove a nice car and lived in a nice home. I was just having fun and living my life, not showing off or trying to one-up people. If I were extremely wealthy, I would be very generous. No doubt about it. But I would still wear nice jewelry and clothes because I enjoy beautiful things. I would also fly first class. Why not? It’s a harmless thing to me.

2 Likes

Don’t think i hate anyone,but i don’t like it when people judge you by your income or lack of. When i think of those people that do that i generally think of wealthy people. Honestly don’t know statistically who’s worse at being judgmental the rich or the poor judging the rich. But i think it’s pretty bad that people spend millions on things like parties, jewlrey, art. Just think they should help the needy more.

Even though I follow a economic theory that doesn’t punish the wealthy because I believe it punishes those beneath them, I think of the wealthy as usually lucky people. It just seems that seems to be what they have going for them. Sure a lot of them have skills and abilities, but other people have those skills and abilities. They were just there at the right place and the right time. I don’t hate them. Would you hate someone that wins the lotto.

As for their attitude I don’t stereotype them like that because they come in all shapes and sizes. You could dislike the attitude of the person who inherited their way to the top. But what if someone was a brilliant scientist or mathematician and got what they earned because they solved some problem(not nearly enough scientists and mathematicians are wealthy in my opinion.).

Personally I don’t need to be wealthy just to have enough to get by.

1 Like

Been on both sides of this fence. I’ve been both a ‘millionaire’ and ‘dirt poor’ and every step in between.
Met all kinds of folks in all categories, and this I know to be true.

The true test of ones character is not when you have a lot of money, but, rather, when you have none.

4 Likes

the top 2% wealthy are trying to influence the government…people like the Koch brothers. citizen united has ruined american government. everybody is in it for the money now. my father is wealthy and my ex wife’s family was all wealthy…they are pigs.

1 Like

Or people like soros. Don’t assume that the democrats hands are clean either.

1 Like

No I love them. They are some of my best enemies.

2 Likes

I admire them so much that I wish to become one.

:blush:

3 Likes

right? Love to be wealthy enough to be hated

Problem worth having.

:blush:

2 Likes

We have bad wealthy sex abuser ring here I got to know after meeting a victim at work. You have to see what the cops did to the victims and ruined new people who moved out here after buying existing housing. ACLU doesn’t give a damn and no local attorneys will take it. Some of the poor victims of the sex abuser are still dealing with a sex abuser 30 years later in their 40s…There really could be NO OTHER defense against someone wealthy than avoidance. Is VERY hard for the attractive teens/20s to get left alone. Have to latch onto a good one and just hang on…Can get fired for being alone at some employers and unemployment denied. When no attorney will take it, nothing is illegal. Nothing is illegal when cops won’t protect us. Best advice, leave if you see this stuff or too many really nuts/hateful church people as they went to the devil worshipper churches to be left alone. Really tough with kids when you don’t know who is trying to get into your daughter’s pants and you know she will do anything to be ‘liked’.

President and politicians are allowing the wealthy any benefits they want and call the victims crazy. The girls end up nuts here got being raped by wealthies at the college…Cops ruined them and mental care kept them there.

Sad thing you may find out is you are coming from the wrong city and some of the nearby towns/cities have it set up to screw you back to where you came from. So you have to move a LONG distance to get free of whatever was wrong back there even if you keep your mouth shut, act okay and just work.

Better to just leave the wealthy class of people alone. Almost NO one got wealthy treating anyone right. They are an abusive or worse.