Do you guys meditate?

I meditate at night. I’ve also been meditating during day.

5 Likes

I don’t meditate anymore. I pray.

2 Likes

I did a while back. Stopped when I couldn’t get even 15 min alone.

1 Like

i always think about meditating at night, but i don’t. i tried to meditate when i was in my early 20’s. but really didn’t know what i was doing and reading a book telling me to say funny chants haha. im a little ignorant about meditation. i think my main objective would be to try to calm my mind and let the thoughts come when they do. i think night would be best for me because i like it dark and quiet.

1 Like

I’ve been meditating every day for the past 4 years. I love it. I use meditation mostly to rest off my migraine headaches. Works like a charm.

Of course I pray a lot also.

1 Like

I used to pray before my sz but I lost my faith since I developed sz.

1 Like

I might start meditating. My mind is pretty quiet. But not perfectly quiet.

1 Like

I can’t.

I have tried but get so restless.

Maybe guided meditation but still find it difficult.

1 Like

I used to as a part of the AA program. I found that the discipline of doing it every day might have helped me, but the only two other benefits that I got from it were a temporary relief from stress and a feeling of relaxation but those feelings never lasted more than five minutes.

From what I hear, meditating while psychotic can be risky.

1 Like

No. My brain even medicated doesn’t want to sit still. No racing thoughts really but my mind is busy. I’m getting back into reading. That helps occupy my mine and I rarely sit still.

1 Like

Tried multiple times. Not for me.

1 Like

I listen to meditative music while doing other stuff like coloring. I find using adult coloring books and meditative music to be real relaxing.
Also occasionally at night i listen to spoken meditation to help get me sleepy.

1 Like

I want to have a more meditative state of mind. But it really takes practice
By that I mean a state of mind where I am making more effort to think about my state of mind augmenting it if need be with correct thoughts. I don’t want to be on negative autopilot so much it is very easy to do.

1 Like

Meditating has always made my positive symptoms worse. I guess photography is how I meditate.

4 Likes

I used to meditate. I’ve slacked off for quite a while now

1 Like

Yes, 10 minutes

1 Like

I used to. But I would get strange “visions” ie closed eye hallucinations so I stopped. Also I just don’t really have time to anymore.

1 Like

I meditate 4xs a day and then a fifth time at bed before sleep. I also pray.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.