Do you guys have your character attacked by voices, and, if so, what do you do?

I’m always having my personality attacked by voices/real people, and I’m very sensitive, so I often defend myself or try to ignore them, which almost always leads to difficult feelings and more voices. I don’t have the ability to engage in witty banter with them.

4 Likes

Making that post was cathartic. Thanks for being there.

3 Likes

I have never heard voices Chance, it must be terrible. I was lucky in the sense I only had “thoughts” in my head. It was like having a guardian angel who looked out for me and only sought to do mostly good and positive things. I can’t pretend to understand how it must feel to have voices.

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with Sarah it sounds terrible!! I have always been a bit sensitive to my criticism of character. Ive settled with life is a work in progress. I’ve had a few voices before but just whispers And gibberish and conversations and music and stuff in episodes. I haven’t had it in a while. I remember it being scary as hell but for some reason I miss it but no way in hell im going off my meds to hear voices or anything. I’ve never had it talking directly to me

1 Like

I used to be so petrified of the voice that I didn’t really sink in what was being Said just it would affect me cos I could feel the frustration from the voice and disappointment. Other times I’d listen with high alertness due to fear of what would happen if I don’t. in retrospect I have decided to look back and see if there’s anything constructive in what was being said. From what I remember anyways. If I get voices again that’s what id do. And try my best not to take the rest to heart…of course that’s not easy when it’s a voice in your head talking to you non stop. Just remind myself it’s a disease talking.

2 Likes

The voices say that iam the weakest being and that iam fat other than that not much else

2 Likes

I used to have a mean man who would constantly put me down and comment on the decisions I was making and judging me. I thought it was my id. It went away with meds for the most part. Sometimes I still know what he’s thinking but I don’t hear him anymore.

2 Likes

Alien the man in my head degrades me all the time and tries to take me over and turn me into an evil person but it’s not me it’s him.

1 Like

Ignore those voices. Stay on ignoring them. You might feel discomfort for a bit but just keep ignoring them. What this will do is make the voices loose power and influence over you.

Also, I’d suggest saying nice things to yourself regularly (out loud when alone). Tell yourself stuff that you’re good at. Your strengths. Your gifts. Your accomplishments.

4 Likes

Yeah my voices always say iam the weakest

1 Like

It’s hard to ignore them for me cuz they always bring me coicidents and sycronisities

1 Like

When I had voices they would call me ugly and talk about me in voice of loved ones saying they never loved me etc I also heard gunshots and Moanes etc etc

They tortured me 24/7 for years.

I used to scream at them.
My neighbors probably didn’t like that as I lived in a apartment.

I tried ignoring them but mostly I think I screamed at them.

I slapped myself sometimes and did other things too sometimes infront of people.

My voices went away thankfully.

1 Like

What med make your voice went away? How long does it take for med to work?

1 Like

I have been on lots of different medications but was not on any medication when my voices stopped except for sleeping tablets if needed.

1 Like

You mean you are not on any med now but your voice went away?

1 Like

The voices aren’t real and nothing they say is important it. Just ignore them as you would background noise and go about your day.

2 Likes

I am on medication now.
I’m currently on latuda.

I wasn’t on medication when the voices went away I was only on sleeping tablets.

When I had voices I was on theralen,nozinan golly knows I was on so many different medication.

Olanzapine helped me when I was delusional.unfortunately it made me gain a lot of weight but it seems like a good medication to me.

2 Likes

Don’t believe them.

The synchronicities occur with what the entities have told me/shown me also! It has been impossible to ignore them because of this and a plethora of other phenomena.