Do You get jealous easily

I think I can now say that I’m learning to not be jealous. By having empathy for others and also minding my own business. And also by understanding that I’m OK as a person.

It makes me feel good because jealousy can eat away at you.

Whichever form that may take. Like if I like someone for example, which I’m not sure if I do, but let’s just say I do for this. Then I can feel OK now with the idea that they are free to do as they please. Before, it used to make me feel shaken up sometimes. But it doesn’t make sense to be, when looking at it from an EMPATHY point of view.

1 Like

Try to find contentment in what you have without reference to what others have. Try to accept yourself and your life for what it is. There’s always someone who has it worse than you.

2 Likes

I try not to think of those who have it worse than me cos then I start to feel like it might happen to me…
But yea… Contentment is so important in what I have, true talks.

3 Likes

I still do compare… But but I’m getting better at accepting me for the unique me kinda thingy and so the comparison is getting less of the detrimental type

4 Likes

That’s perfect! You got this!

3 Likes

Awww thank you :)))))

3 Likes

How to stop comparing completely, is that even possible… Seriously, honestly…

2 Likes

I used to be jealous of a friend who became financially successful. We kind of started out together. But the guy wasn’t and isn’t very pleasant. He got ahead and I didn’t which hurt.

5 Likes

Not easily but I do get jealous of my brothers bcz they don’t have sz and are successful. Before sz they were the ones jealous of me.

3 Likes

Bcz I was better than them in school. They were still good though, they graduated and are now working with their university degrees.

2 Likes

My family are all well better off than me but I don’t care much cos I still have essentials

3 Likes

No but I talk to guys as well so I can’t be jealous when David doesn’t

2 Likes

No not really. I have plenty of toys. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah most people in uni with me went on to form careers. I enjoy my life though.

4 Likes

I don’t think I do, generally at least

But it does affect me really badly if I am

2 Likes

I worry about not being able to have a career.

It’s good you are content

3 Likes

Thanks I think happiness is important.

3 Likes

I do get a bit jealous sometimes of people that don’t have sz and don’t need meds.

2 Likes

I get jealous but it also motivates me to apply myself to see other people accomplishing things. I’ve been in the process of changing my aspirations since sz.

2 Likes

Ya same here thats why I’m working on reducing it

2 Likes