Do you ever worry that taking so many medications will be detrimental to your health in the long term?

i’m currently on 50mg risperdal consta every 2 weeks and daily 200mg clozapine, 50mg sertraline and 75microgram of L-Thyroxine and lorazepam PRN.

I’m not sure what the long term effects will be… but i feel much better than i have in long time so i rather look at what it does for me now and near future than how it will be in the far away future.

3 Likes

I Wanna quit Zyprexa. Its sedating, have EPS, weight gain, i dont think i need it anymore.

1 Like

Only when the funeral home director asks me if I have a life insurance policy.

1 Like

i am attached to my ap like you can’t believe. it is just like this, without it i am a goner. with it i have a chance. judy

2 Likes

I dont think it wont be that bad, im taking care of myself, eating healthy, drinking my fluids, drinking vegetable juice, getting my fiber and protein and good carbs. Taking my vitamins and supplements, also excercise 30-45 mins a day keep your heart healthy, if you take preventive measures your body should could handle medications just fine. Thats my opinion. dont take to heart though. I might be wrong. lol

1 Like

LS!
As an anti psychotic I take daily four milligram Risperdal. I worry about my heart, two cardiologists warned me that Risperdal is bad for the heart. I worry about my bones, I have osteoporosis in the family, and Risperdal demineralizes bones. I also take a statin, Simvastatin, and I worry about my glutathion levels.

2 Likes

I take 4mg Risperdal too.

3 Likes

I don’t worry about anything only meds I take are trazodone and haloperidol and I stopped taking my benztropine because it did nothing and I don’t think I have that disease it treats

1 Like

No. No problems with it. I’d rather be alive and functional and all my meds help. Try living with the pain of gout without allipuranoll. Gawd that is so good to have these medications…My life has improved and I’ll live longer for sure!

3 Likes