Do you celebrate Halloween

Where I am we do not celebrate Halloween so much, although some stores seem to sell Halloween’s costumes and other things. Do you celebrate Halloween? What is your costume?

We don’t celebrate much of it here, some parties and costumes but not as much as the in the states for example. I don’t usually get into costumes… lol

1 Like

Where I live I get no trick or treaters. So I have to buy candy I like

1 Like

Sure do. My wife and I have been invited to a party Halloween night. We are going as bacon and eggs. I’ll be bacon since I’m more than half a foot taller. :blush:

3 Likes

I always forget to buy candy for the trick or treaters so I hide inside with all the lights off hoping no one will ring the doorbell.

3 Likes

Nope. Don’t celebrate it!

1 Like

Me and my friend were thinking about going trick or treating

4 Likes

What costume are you planning to wear when you go trick and treating.

Some scary mask and a cloak…maybe I’ll have a staff with a fake blade. I can’t let them see my face or they’ll say I’m too old to trick or treat but both me and my neighbor are short so we could get away with it if we cover everything up :dash:

2 Likes

I had a teacher at school who wouldn’t let us celebrate Halloween cos she said it was devil worship!

2 Likes

But you can still celebrate Halloween at home, right?

Halloween, also called All Hallows’ Eve, is a yearly holiday observed on October 31, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows (or All Saints). All Hallows’ Eve is a Christianised feast influenced by western European harvest festivals, and pagan festivals of the dead, particularly the festival of Samhain among the Celts of ancient Britain and Ireland.

Here where I am, we celebrate the All Saints day when you have Halloween. People take candles to graveyards and it is nice to watch graveyards full of candles. It becomes dark already quite early here where I am, it is just 5:30 pm and it is all dark.

It isn’t very popular here either. Its more like a kid’s thing, or they make a Halloween themed night in clubs.
It is pretty much meaningless day for me.

2 Likes

Here in Scotland Halloween is mostly for the kids. They dress up and go “guising” (trick or treating). They get sweeties and such like. Traditionally pumpkins are not used - we hollow out turnips instead.

Over the last decade or so it has become slightly more americanised- shops sell bunting and such like. My local pub does a fancy dress night.

2 Likes

Don’t celebrate right now, maybe when my children get off the schlitz and make me a grandparent.

1 Like

[quote=“mjseu, post:1, topic:35148”]
Do you celebrate Halloween? What is your costume?
[/quote]Nope, used to in the past. I think if I could I’d dress up as a pirate… I could be my own variation of a “Captain Morgan” type pirate.

1 Like

Here in Scandinavia halloween is an excuse to get drunk, like every holiday. The difference is that this time we get drunk in scary costumes.

I don’t celebrate Halloween. :ghost:

2 Likes

we have something called Berbara, but I don’t remember the day. I’ve gone trick or treating in my childhood, maybe twice. It’s not very common though. Kids celebrate in school and wear costumes.

Here in Montreal, my friends are boring. If I buy a house and get married, I’m gonna throw halloween parties and make jello shots :cherries:

2 Likes

I celebrated when I was younger.

Halloween is really for kids.

The day kind of creeps me out, I am more paranoid.

1 Like

I’ve never celebrated Halloween. Never been interested in it. It’s usually aimed at kids here.

2 Likes