Do you believe in "normies" or do you think everyone is a little crazy

First of all, I don’t like the term “normies”, but we use it, a lot.

But that aside,

Do you think most people are normal?

Or do you think everyone is off in some special way?

My old therapist says that everyone has issues, but most people are what she would consider “normal”.

My new therapist says pretty much everyone is crazy.

Not sure what to believe.

What’s your experience?

• Everyone is crazy
  • Most people are normal

0 voters

I just saw there’s another “normies” thread.

Popular today.

2 Likes

I’ve never met a truly neurotypical person in my life.

3 Likes

Really?

I feel like I’ve meet lots.

I mean, they’re quirky and have weird tendencies sometimes, but isn’t that normal itself?

My experience has been that people are normal or seem normal until they get into a relationship with me :smile:

I even wrote a poem about it

Maybe I just drove them crazy though :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve met a ton of people who SEEM neurotypical. But after getting to know them better, they secretly battle depression, or have crippling social anxiety that they just suffer through every day, or they get blackout drunk every weekend to cope with life. Everyone seems to have some kind of inner battle going on. They just usually are better at hiding it than we are.

For reference, most people I interact with think I’m neurotypical and are shocked to learn I have the most debilitating mental illness in the world.

8 Likes

I would say normies are pretty normal if they avoid alcohol and drugs. Those legal and illegal substances can dramatically change their brain and make them ill likes us. Also people suffering from traumas and physical issues develop similar symptoms to depression, anxiety and anger. I would say a normies is who doesn’t have any diagnosis, is not suffering from physical issues and maintains substances to a minimum.

1 Like

Almost everyone I’ve ever met has some sort of issue or trauma or strange habit.

What separates us from normies is that ours is treated with medication

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this normie hating. I know a lot of people who have got their lives together.

1 Like

Social media is fake and not a real sense of reality when knowing people. There’s people on there talking about being the Virgin Mary and a week later there posting photos of themselves 9 months pregnant.

That’s been my point of view for decades: “Everybody’s crazy, it’s just a matter of degree.”

I think people in general are like half-destroyed as a rule and just chugging along out of spite.

1 Like

I think are not normal.
I mean look around you
What the hell is the standard?

(All crazy) Everyone in my world at least. My aunt has a phobia of feathers and bipolar. My other aunt is claustrophobic, my mother was a kleptomaniac and my dad had I guess you could say acute schizophrenia as a teen
Oh I forgot my distant cousin who was bipolar (committed suicide).

1 Like

Am I the only one that knows people doing well in their lives?

4 Likes

I didn’t vote because human beings are not comfortable if something cannot be categorized or easily referenced. With that said. I think cats are the only creatures to have a solid baseline. Crazy>Sleeping>Crazy>Sleeping>Hungry

:rainbow:

2 Likes

I think depression is pretty common, I also think that anxiety is pretty common. Generally those affect a large portion of people, if you don’t have depression or anxiety issues, work stress can still be something you struggle with. I think most people are struggling with some sort of stress and have their coping mechanisms. I wish I had the optimism that there are people without any suffering or any work worries or anything they struggle with but between drug use alcohol or smoking or over eating and weight issues, someone is struggling with something at any given time and should probably be treated with empathy and understanding. Those without issues don’t really need help if they exist, but hey why not if some unicorns exist and are out there doing their thing, I hope they thrive. More happy people out breeding people with depression and mental issues is a good thing.

1 Like

Maybe the mi are normal and the regular are crazy. I’ll believe anything really.

I was reading a fairly anti-pysch article the other day and the author of it made a fairly solid point.

He said something to the effect of: “If you say you’re hearing aliens, they put you on meds. If you say you’re hearing God, they say you’re having a religious experience.”

To me, it seems what’s considered normal is all relative, really.

It’s society, cultures, etc., all these divided lines are where the baseline is established.

2 Likes

There is no such a thing as normal.