Do you agree being sz is like being on drugs

i think I read somewhere, maybe it was surviving schizophrenia. that the closest thing a normal person comes to experiencing what it’s like to be sz. is a lsd trip. well me, I’ve never done lsd, but played with mushrooms a couple times and find my sz. is nothing like being on drugs. I guess the closest thing would be struggling to think clearly when im clearly psychotic.

but really I don’t get any visuals all day, I do hear voices sometimes but they don’t really feel psychotic because I tell myself not to make a big deal out of them and im still rooted in reality. I think nowadays it’s just the continuing voices that make me sz. but it’s not like being on drugs for me.

4 Likes

I did but after years I come to the clue its like no other.

2 Likes

From my understanding, schizophrenic symptoms are literally like being high 24/7, due to an excess amount of adrenaline in the brain oxidizing to adrenochrome, which is a psychedelic compound.

2 Likes

I would definitely describe the height of psychosis being close to a liquid acid trip.

The tabs make you hallucinate a lot and are more mild, but the liquid is evil and I had bad trips that mirror my psychosis experiences

2 Likes

I’ve done plenty of drugs,

Sza symptoms are more powerful than any drug I ever touched. LSD was the closest I could offer you, and only then in massive doses.

1 Like

Psychosis for me is like being in a dream state. I don’t find any similarities to psychosis and lsd except maybe sometimes a feeling of transcendence. Or maybe that’s more dissociation. To me if I want to explain psychosis to someone I would tell them it’s like being in a dream you can’t wake up from. I wouldn’t tell them it’s like being on drugs, that’s doesn’t get the point across.

1 Like

I find it ecstasy mixed with cocaine

2 Likes

maybe I just have a different experience than ya’ll. the closest thing the drugs did was make my thoughts disorganized and incoherent. the drugs came with a bit of euphoria which I didn’t have when I was hallucinating. also my paranoia was much less severe when I wasn’t influenced by drugs, I could always rationalize my paranoia even when I was unmedicated sz. probably the paranoia and disorganized thoughts are the closest thing to being on drugs.

I was going to say I thought it was a normie exaggeration but maybe my experience is less severe. I was also a bit sober when I was at my worst, I could grocery shop, work, and hold a conversation even though I was hearing voices.

I would say my day to day paranoia feels very close to weed induced paranoia.

4 Likes

it is kinda like being in a dream state isn’t it. that I think is more accurate for me.

2 Likes

I read that the dream faculties in schizophrenic never fully turn off, so they are in a half-dream state during waking hours.

2 Likes

Mine wasn’t like being on drugs either. Oh wait the insanity curse. This was a curse which gave me physicals like you wouldn’t believe and made me incredibly thirsty. That’s the only part that I could compare to being on drugs. It was a trip man. The voices used it on me several times. That’s what they called it. My pupils dilate, sounds become like nails on a chalkboard. Whole body feels like the worst panic attack you’ve ever had. Very very irritable. Can’t breathe. Head buzzing feeling. Occulgyric crisis. Getting sick from the stress voices become really loud and unbearable .

1 Like

No, not at all. It isn’t even remotely similar. Though I’m sure people who don’t even drink coffee will tell you it is.

3 Likes

No they are different experiences.
My drug trip lasted 2 days and was a hellish nightmare.
My last psychotic episode lasted for 2 months and was a hellish nightmare as well.
So they were similar in a way but the drug trip was short lived and moved quicker.
Psychosis moved slower and lasted longer.

They both were intense experiences.

3 Likes

Not sure tbh. But there are many examples of illicit drugs aggravating sz. The most I have ever tried was weed and it didn’t do anything for me so I guess I have no reference point.

1 Like

Of all the experiences I’ve had,

My symptoms are nothing like drugs.

Even when things go sideways with the drugs,

It never felt as bad as what occurs in my mind naturally.

2 Likes

I don’t know because I have never been on drugs.

3 Likes

Yes for me it was. I thought someone had given me LSD or speed, (though I’ve never tried those drugs.)

1 Like

No, I’m not endorsing taking drugs or drinking in any way, shape, or form.
But… drugs were fun----psychosis was not.

4 Likes

When I started hallucinating visually I thought the government had given me LSD. I asked my doctor what they gave me expecting an answer and he just looked at me.

I have never done drugs knowingly unless someone really slipped me something when I had my worst break. so I can’t compare the two. But I sure have a lot of prescriptions. I didn’t take any meds before and now I have 6 scripts so I can’t live without my drugs.

2 Likes