Do u know what is the side effect of stem cell therapy.?

Do u guys have any ideas…!!! I feel like within 5 years this therapy will come to our life…is it correct…??

1 Like

5yrs sounds a bit short but who knows it may very well happen.

The good thing with stem cell therapy is that it has the potential to cure sz. Well once u are cured u are cured and I would imagine it only takes a few days to weeks to know if it worked. So it could mean a shortened experimental protocol.

Take for example someone who is blind, u start running ur phase 1 testing and after a few patients u realize u have a winner, everyone is cured. Blind ppl can now see. So phase 1-2-3 testing becomes obsolete. U are still going to have to be cautious but u just cured blind and sz ppl. Here comes the Nobel price.

Side effects would have to be brain cancer if they can’t control the entire process. And that’s really problematic because cancer can take up to 10 or 20yrs to develop.

Ps: I can’t really explain why cancer could be a problem, it just intuitively makes sense. Maybe someone else could explain it.

1 Like

@twinklestars @firemonkey can u help me…???

It is very hard to find out as a lot of the info seems to be about stem cell transplants and cancer, which would not be applicable to most people here.

1 Like

Cancer …!!!15151515 i am worring now …!!!

Stem cell transplants in the treatment of cancer.

2 Likes

I did not understand u. Are u saying stem cell causes cancer or that stem cell is reserved to ppl with cancer so far?

1 Like

Interesting how does that work?

1 Like

I like stem cell to helps us within 5 to ten years …

What I am saying is that a lot of the google links re stem cell transplants and side effects are to do with the use of stem cell transplants as a treatment for cancer. I am not sure that would be relevant to most people here.

1 Like

U can pm me if u like @firemonkey …!!!

Well I suppose this would be a strong indicator against stem cell therapy being cancer inducing. If stem cell is used to treat cancer I can’t imagine it would cause it. Very promising.

2 Likes

How long will it take to come stem cell to us…do u guys know …i have no idea…!!!

I don’t know if my symptoms/problems will ever go away.

1 Like

My take on it is I think 5-10 years is a little over optomistic, but I hope that it does happen that fast, at least case studies.

I don’t think cancer will be a major issue, as by the time they try this as a therapy, they will be able to ensure the stem cells they are using will not develop into an unwanted kind of cell. This would be a good reason not to try a stem cell clinic that wasn’t part of a university or research hospital.

There was a trial for a type of blindness where 2 women lost the rest of their sight because the clinic did not properly differentiate the cells. That clinic did not follow normal protocols, but it is a warning that we shouldn’t regard any kind of stem cell as always harmless.

In the trials we have seen for diseases like blindness and Parkinson’s, they’re achieving improvement, not complete cure. That could also happen with sz, because there’s a lot going on, and even though stem cells can integrate and make new connections, they don’t restart brain development to prepuberty - at least for now, we don’t have a way to do that. But it doesn’t mean the improvement might not be significant.

1 Like

Yay for cures 15

1 Like