Do u ever feel jrslous

do you ever compare yourself to old school friends and feel like a failure

im on a bit of a downer…

2 Likes

Well, not jealous, just freaked cos I was smarter than many of them, yet they make money, are successful, and I’m disabled

4 Likes

I used to do this all the time. But the older you get I think you do it much much less. Life is unfair and unkind. 2 guys I went to school with are actually dead now.

The people you’re comparing yourself to have problems too, just different problems.

2 Likes

I just get overwhelmed wen I hear my sister so happy talking so loudly around th house.
I need to move out

next year is the plan

2 Likes

its the reason why i dont look my school buddys on facebook no more. most have got the wife and 2.4 children and the car in a garage with a job - and it makes me feel worthless. Tho im 99% sure they exagerrate anyway.

Most of them were absolute tossers to me at school anyway.

2 Likes

i know how u feel @Naarai…i dont envy my old school friends…i dont look them up on facebook either …they looked down on me and still do

i havent seen most of them in over 20 yrs

1 Like

That’s exactly the way I feel.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel jealous. I could have done many things more with my life, but I was a cursed sz.

1 Like

I compare myself to old friends and it brings me down. Especially because as a woman in America there’s a lot of pressure to look good and I really don’t anymore. Psych meds have really ■■■■■■ me up. Then I just really let myself go because I was so depressed and other life stuff. So when I see all my school friends having great lives and looking so healthy it’s really embarrassing. I guess it’s more embarrassment of my own life than jealousy of theirs.

1 Like

I don’t really get jealous.
Just feel sorry for myself once in a while.

1 Like

My whole family have nice houses and are financially well off. Sometimes I feel like I’m just the charity case or burden.

2 Likes

I dont compare myself I just try and make myself the happiest I can possibly be with my depression and live my best life possible.

No. Infact you get very jealous. I know this to be true for a fact.

What are you talking about?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.