Do the holidays generally make you feel better, worse or are you indifferent? - Poll

Do the holidays generally make you feel better, worse or are you indifferent?
  • Better
  • Worse
  • Indifferent

0 voters

Christmas used to be fun when I was a kid, but nowadays I don’t feel anything, good or bad.

2 Likes

I am slowly decompensating because of stress from wife’s family. Positive symptoms are ramping up.

1 Like

I spend my December holidays alone. Have done for decades. That shiz freaks jimbob out

2 Likes

I feel indifferent or good. There does seem to be such a thing as the Christmas spirit and people do seem to be nicer and in a better mood around Christmas. So I like that.

Christmas isn’t as big a deal as when I was younger. A present or two is nice now and spending the day with my sister is OK . But if I spend Christmas Eve alone it isn’t going to depress me.

Of course when I was a kid and well into my thirties spending Christmas Eve alone was unheard of in my family. But things change, both my parents are dead, my step-parents live far away and one of my sisters moved to Mexico. Now all I got is one sister for family and I’ll see her Christmas Day.

3 Likes

I feel indifferent about it. I try to maintain a pseudo holiday spirit because of my nephew. He is 6 years old, believes in Santa and is so excited about holidays. He also loves Halloween. To me they’re like any other days.

3 Likes

I voted “indifferent”, but it really depends on the year. Sometimes, I am very stressed and my mental illness symptoms may get worse, too. Sometimes, I feel really excited and happy. And sometimes, I just feel “meh”, not really good or bad.

2 Likes

Maybe hitting a couple AA meetings might help? Vent, vent, vent.

3 Likes

Just about to join an online meeting.

2 Likes

No diagnosis. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t care. That’s all. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I have religious celebrations throughout the holidays and the family go out for dinner. But honestly everyone is tired and we’re just meh. It’s honestly just another day for me.

2 Likes

Mine are average as i have forgotten how to relax. I dont even know what relax means anymore.

I feel guilty like im wasting time and i need to be getting things done.

2 Likes

I reflect at the end of the year

off the past a bit

1 Like

I don’t even decorate my house

1 Like

The holiday blather is all too much
I relax by eating the mistletoe and roasting the elves by an open fire

2 Likes

I reflect at night when I’m walking. The reflectors on my sleeves help drivers see me.

2 Likes

I really enjoy Christmas. It makes me feel better. But once it’s all over I feel down.

2 Likes

I find everything stressful especially anything that’s different to my routine. I think I must be similar to autism in ways, I’ve often thought that recently of myself the more I find out about autism. I have a niece and nephews with it but I don’t see them hardly as my sister has always pushed our family away, my family are religious too, kinda freaky in some ways how devout they can be.
None of my family do Christmas for religious reasons
My hubby’s family are far away
So it’s just us
Everything makes me anxious including posting
Sorry to go on idk

1 Like

I enjoy Christmas and Thanksgiving. Halloween I am indifferent to, and New Year’s Eve I hate.

1 Like